ESB Boba Fett Build!!!

I have an arkady suit myself (you're gonna love it) I trimmed my tools to the proper specs. One thing some people do is make the 3rd shin tool a little longer so it sticks up more. I'm just gonna stuff some foam into the bottom of my pouch or something.

a9d7b0f613a8f1edc843d14c8fe2ce58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P

Are you going to secure the tools too? I was thinking I'd need to Velcro them in so they don't fall out when I walk or make Andy sudden movements

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you all know what color yellow and brown/red is used on this piece? I'm searching now.

i used humbrol 154 mixed with a touch of orange (82) for the yellow on the caps. It will look a little bright but once you weather it it should look really close. Im still trying to find something closer but so far thats the best i came up with.

The red stripe on the lower right (when looking at it) i use Humbrol 100. the red on the bottom of the thrusters and on the lower rocket i use humbrol 73 mixed with a very little bit of black..and i apply it with streaks intentionally..i also hit it when still wet with a touch of humbrol 60 in random spots..i just "streak" it on, to give it the red/brownish streaky look.

The red in the greeblies on the thrusters i use Humbrol 60

Doing a repaint on a lot of my parts. It's not as stressful as you'd think starting over. I like wanting to improve my airbrushing and painting skills.
Everyone is their own worst critic right?
d347f73ae2f0436eb7a9b80fdf229c6d.jpg
ae33e659b691182565a51eb16e7ac7dc.jpg
6c9db1cb93995ddee23ab9853622100c.jpg
e843d20d29c8790e7de1c73bf119c894.jpg
dcfa4702f675b60c9d74e9c6e1b275a8.jpg

I think I'm satisfied with my knees enough now.
Shoulders next!

Sent from my iPhone

MAKING PROGRESS
I can't hold a flame to a lot of you Fetts out there but I am damn proud of myself this weekend. On to the main body once I order some paint or come up with a decent mix of what I have on hand this week.
7d6d3b690605cb70e370f6b9728cfc8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Where I am at now. Long way to go. Repainting the chest back and cod plate armor this week. Helmet has been stripped and jet pack is in works.
I am thinking about upgrading my gloves later on to a tackle twill material and my belt I want to be a bit more brown. I might give it a light stain.
865feb0558291c3adfedd47661426e9b.jpg

Thanks for the support everyone. Would be here without you all

Sent from my iPhone

Nice work, and you're crazy, repainting is just as stressful! Something you definitely may want to change though, the mythosaur skull you have on your shoulder bell is the ROTJ version, not ESB...

Nice work, and you're crazy, repainting is just as stressful! Something you definitely may want to change though, the mythosaur skull you have on your shoulder bell is the ROTJ version, not ESB...

[emoji33] no I swore I had chosen the right one. Hope I don't damage anything changing it.

Sent from my iPhone

I didn't need to I suppose. I think I might upgrade it later on to something from rkd. But it suits me for now. Been taking a break for a while. Things have been busy. I'll post an update soon I hope

Sent from my iPhone

Build looks great!!! I will speak from personal experience. Both kits I have worked on have been RKD aka IOA and they are phenomenal in terms of accuracy, quality, and craftsmanship with added bonus of amazing customer service and communication you will not regret anything!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back