EL Panels and T-shirts

/sigh, well I will *not* have the Chest Lights for my event this weekend, as the Post-person just came and went, without a Package. =(

I should have just ordered a different set.

Yeah, post from Europe can take a while. Sorry you won't have it. Still hoping my son's set arrives in time for Halloween (and that I have time to make the mods that need to get done to his suit for the lights).

Always tough on runs like this, the person setting up the run can really get hosed by the manufacturer - I have seen it happen several times before. I am sure stealthtrooper feels helplessly caught in the middle of it.

I got 'em!! Had a nice padded envelope waiting in my mailbox this evening. :D
These things are SWEET!! :eek: Amazingly thin, and the wire length gives you a lot of options of where you can hide the battery pack.
The brightness and sequence look superb! The electronics in the battery pack do make a sort of high-pitched noise. . . which is bizarre. But after testing locations for the battery pack, the noise is pretty much totally blocked.

I've already started to mount them. I secured the lights themselves to the back of my armor piece using some heavy duty clear packing tape. They're paper thin, so I don't really see the need for anything stronger. I marked where the lights would go on my vest, then just cut a thin slit about 3/4" below the bottom of the lights for the narrow plug to pass through. I used some Goop glue to secure some velcro to the battery pack. I popped that belt clip off to make a nice, flat surface. Then I used some fabric glue to secure the opposite piece of velcro to the inside of the vest, behind where my ab plate will go. The battery pack is flat enough, and the ab plate rigid enough, that it should look OK. The glue is drying as I type this, and tomorrow I'll put the vest on to make sure everything is positioned well. If it makes my ab plate "pooch out" at all, I'll find a different place to stick it. ;)

Thanks Stealthtrooper for getting these made!! Sorry you had problems with your manufacturer, but these lights are an amazing value!! :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew ,

I'm sorry your lights didn't turn up in time for your event, I did my best and yours was the first to ship! It will be sod's law they'll arrive Monday:(
Sorry Again:facepalm

stealthtrooper. You did everything in your power to get these out as quickly as possible and the result is awesome, as superjedi said the brightness and sequence look great at a very reasonable cost. Great run! Thanks for doing it.

Yep! I don't blame ya at all Stealth, sometimes things just don't work out the way they need to ^_^.

Besides, my 2 Day troop this weekend has convinced me to work on a couple things on my armor, so this can just be another project with them :)

Hey Stealth. The panel arrived yesterday and it's just great! Already have it installed in my son's armor. Just need to cut a hole in the vest to run the cable through.

Thank you again!

Got mine too. Amazing piece, now I wish I had bought more.

I wonder StealthTrooper if the manufacturer has an answer on how to get rid of the high pitched noise?

My son wore his for Halloween yesterday. I have to say that they look great indoors and in the dark. Outside in the afternoon though I could not see it at all. I am not talking bright sunlight, it was a cloudy day and he was under the awning in front of his school.

Not knocking it here, I still feel it was a great purchase and I am very happy. Worked perfectly for what I needed. Just that it may not be as bright as some other options. Does anyone know, do the shack or tk409 lights show outside in the shade?

Thanks again StealthTrooper - this worked GREAT!

Ok, answered my own question. Was trooping with someone yesterday who had the TK409 lights. Outside they were still visible. So, outside of the whining which I could not even hear once it was in the pouch, it seems that the drawback of this tech is the brightness. Again, it looks great indoors or at night, but does not show up outside.

Again, not a knock, just something to be aware of.

Received mine and installed it. Looks awesome.. can't be beat for the price I believe.

The noise that was coming from mine was some sort of vibration. It was amplified when the cover was closed so I took a soldering gun and ''pushed back'' some of the cover material so that the transformer was not touching the top of the cover. Voilà! Almost no noise anymore.

John Fitzsimmons and William Clayton thanks for the emails and I can confirm that both your orders definately shipped so should be with you any day hopefully:)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back