eFx's Mandalorian Helmet

Then raise the price, from $700 to $900, and have a few Star Wars pieces unlimited editions, to generate a steadier revenue stream. They offered the fiberglass "Legend" edition. That should have been their "limited edition" run. The other "cleaned up fiberglass" helmet should have been on an unlimited term. They'd have sold a TON of those, being that there were literally no "available to the public" options - especially those that were licensed.

Oddly enough, RS has found a way to be profitable with small order runs.
Yeh I don’t know how they afford to pay for the time of a painter charging what they are charging for their painted fett helmet. They also aren’t paying Lucas Film/Disney a royalty fee. And that is a big chunk of change from what I understand.

The replacement arrived today.

Already popped some quick pics. View attachment 193944View attachment 193947View attachment 193948View attachment 193949View attachment 193950

Comparison of the old helmet (left) with the mandible issue, with the replacement helmet (right). Please, I'm not standing the same distance from these helmets, so the shape is off a bit. But you can distinctly notice the mandibles are much better on the replacement helmet on the right.

View attachment 193951

On another note - there is a slight spiderweb cracking in the paint on the replacement helmet. It's not noticeable unless you pick up the helmet and inspect it for flaws. I do like the weathering on the replacement helmet more so than my first helmet. Seems like there's less "pastiness" on the cheeks, and around the mohawk. Everything else is sharp, and no wavy lines.

I posted on the RPF, that while I'm very happy with my replacement, I know there are going to be others who aren't happy with their helmets, and eventually EFX is going to run out of replacements, and their only response is going to be "There's nothing we can do". This is especially true with the people in the second wave, who receive their helmets in the last shipments.

EFX might need to rethink how they sell and produce their products to avoid these issues. I already noted, they could take a cue from RS Prop Masters, and reduce their productions to 25, 50 or 100, make sure everything is in tiptop shape, then sell another run of 25, 50 or 100 - until their limited run of 750 is fulfilled. It takes longer, but it eliminates the "rush job" of trying to cram 750 items out the door all at once. Or take the 750 orders, and produce and ship them in batches of 50. It may take a little longer to fulfill the orders - but if they keep everyone posted, and the communication going and flowing, it would certainly help.

Plus - move their production to the US so they don't have to ship items from China to the US through customs, then ship to their final global destinations from the US.
That replacement is MUCH better...well done, for not letting it slide and getting a new one. Just sucks that you even had to do it, but it looks like it payed off.

That replacement is MUCH better...well done, for not letting it slide and getting a new one. Just sucks that you even had to do it, but it looks like it payed off.

Really thought I'd be trading a helmet with one problem, for another helmet with another problem. Thankfully, it worked out.

Got my replacement helmet yesterday. The visor issue is fixed but now I have the wavy lines in the top of the helmet. Not too happy about that. I wonder if they'll just issue me a refund. It's tough to pay that much money for a product you're not happy with.

mine came in this afternoon. #501. Pretty happy with the number too hahaha but I’m very happy with it in general. It is darker than I would have hoped but it just feels like a great piece and I’m happy with the way it looks. It does have a bit of spider cracking on the right cheek but it’s not a huge deal to me for some reason. I may email chronicle about it and see if I can get a partial refund. Also the lines on the Mohawk are straight but they are a bit shallow on the top.
693CAAB6-523A-48BC-8310-A40B1CBC5F13.jpeg

image.jpg

Also has anyone noticed it kind of looks like the visor has a protective film on it? I tried rubbing the edge of the visor but it doesn’t peel off but the visor isn’t easy to see through and it’s not that shiny. It really looks like a protective film. Am I imagining this?

Also has anyone noticed it kind of looks like the visor has a protective film on it? I tried rubbing the edge of the visor but it doesn’t peel off but the visor isn’t easy to see through and it’s not that shiny. It really looks like a protective film. Am I imagining this?

I thought the same but I am not that brave.

Having used to own a 3M window film dealership, it definitely looks like smoke film, however I have tried to separate layers and it is not a film. It appears to have the dye impregnated into whatever medium it’s on...eg, type of clear plastic they decided to use.

Having received my replacement helmet with no flaws, I’ve decided to sell this. All in all, I really don’t think it’s very screen accurate in terms of the paint job.
Anyway, I’ll be posting this in the cargo hold. If anyone’s interested, send me message with an offer

Still waiting on my third replacement helmet, most recent one has paint rubs down to the base helmet. Hoping I won't need to go to 4th of 5th. My Efx vader legend took 4 replacements till a decent one came without cracks or missing paint.

Still waiting on my third replacement helmet, most recent one has paint rubs down to the base helmet. Hoping I won't need to go to 4th of 5th. My Efx vader legend took 4 replacements till a decent one came without cracks or missing paint.

That’s just sad...and embarrassing for EFX

no helmet yet, though Chronicles did call, apologized and told me that they'll be handling it. Great customer service outreach. Looking forward to handing it off as talking to fedex has been like talking to a wall (is anyone else getting 20-30 min wait times to get their customer service non bot people??).

Its a christmas miracle! 4 tries in and finally a helmet I'm happy with. Now I can also continue my helmet comparisons using this as the base. 2 damaged, one lost and then this. I'm pretty happy with it and greatful for eFX and Chronicle Collectibles for working with me on this. Amy at Chronicle even called me to apologize for the trouble.

xd6y1sFl.jpg

VYbmPxUl.jpg

iW1IlkDl.jpg

5qyixxcl.jpg

lCzKiZsl.jpg

small update. I FINALLY got my new helmet replacement in...the past one ended up having cracks form around the visor while it was just sitting on the base. New one was in a week now and no issues...

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back