eFx's Mandalorian Helmet

Orange peel like this? From the D23 Hero?
Lots of folks seem to forget that the flawless Alumiluster versions are nothing more than interpretations by fans trying to make perfection out of a helmet that is everything but perfection. It was supposedly "forged" to it's shape, not 5 axis machined. It was most likely peened with a hammer to the finish it has (if sticking to the methods used on the show). While the Alumiluster candy coated versions are nice, they do not depict the battles, hardships and travels of the show helmet. I have seen some VERY beautiful fan versions with no orange peel, Alumiluster paint, glossy, etc...but while are extremely nice, they not accurate to the show at all. Hell, I wouldn't mind even owning one TBH...just owning it for what it is, not what is supposed to be.
View attachment 193259
Mmmm, okay, i getcha! i'm still learning about the mandalorian's helmet. i'm not as familiar with it as i am other SW helmets.

Nice me too but from Chronicle. I wonder if they are shipping today.

efx said they released the helmets yesterday. All helmets will be shipping from CA including Chronicle orders. Fedex will ship what they can fit today and rest on Monday.

efx said they released the helmets yesterday. All helmets will be shipping from CA including Chronicle orders. Fedex will ship what they can fit today and rest on Monday.
I got a UPS tracking number. Regardless its good news. Heres to hoping it comes in next week after a long wait.

Got my helmet in, overall the lines were clean and there was no droop, I was happy with it...then I saw chips and cracks on the right side of the visor...
6hj08sbl.jpg

30DhWAwl.jpg

zq0hLoil.jpg

I'm glad it looks like I'm in the minority with those issues but this is the 3rd direct buy from a retailer I've had with an efx product that has had issues...replaced my vader dome 4 times due to cracks, chips and webbing in the paint, hoping it doesn't take 4 times with this one. Ordered from Chronicles, already messaged them with them saying they'll reach out to Efx to see what they say.

Received mine today...overall happy except for the visor alignment at the bottom...am I being too picky? Looks way slanted to me

0A216FC6-5C7E-4A0A-8EAD-1C69DDFE6DF6.jpeg

A5632749-8119-4538-9F4C-125D4B0CB6A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Very slanted and way too far up

That's what she said! :lol:

In all seriousness, though...I reached out to EFX yesterday (7/4), and Bryan Ono got right back to me and agreed that it looked wonky. He's already sent me a return label and promised to make it right for me. So, although it sucks to ship it off and wait, at least the customer service is there. I'm pretty impressed at how swift the response was. I basically told him that I expected better considering how much more expensive than the Boba helmet it was.

That's what she said! :lol:

In all seriousness, though...I reached out to EFX yesterday (7/4), and Bryan Ono got right back to me and agreed that it looked wonky. He's already sent me a return label and promised to make it right for me. So, although it sucks to ship it off and wait, at least the customer service is there. I'm pretty impressed at how swift the response was. I basically told him that I expected better considering how much more expensive than the Boba helmet it was.

I’m really hoping I don’t have any issues with mine. When I got my PCR Boba helmet, the rangefinder top piece was loose and I emailed them tofind out how to fix it and Bryan would not help at all.

Number 287 here.
Don't see any cracks and the lines aren't super wonky. (They aren't perfectly straight though)

It also seems all of the visors are slightly crooked in the way they are attached based on all the photos I've seen.

This is going to the Cargo Hold for me since I'm going to be buying a different Mando helmet for trooping, but wanted to grab this just in case.

About 24cm front to back and 20cm side to side for the actual bucket fit if anyone was interested.

It's still a pretty cool bucket, but I haven't seen any Mando helmets in real life other than really terrible 3D printed ones.

Some quick cell phone pics below.

mando efx 1.jpg

mando efx 2.jpg

mando efx 3.jpg

mando efx 5.jpg

mando efx 4.jpg

mando efx 6.jpg

288 arrived today. No cracks around visor and no uneven lines in the mohawk area.

Quick observations:
1) smaller than anovos
2) not as glossy as anovos
3) weathering is better

288 arrived today. No cracks around visor and no uneven lines in the mohawk area.

Quick observations:
1) smaller than anovos
2) not as glossy as anovos
3) weathering is better
I was supposed to get mine tomorrow but I don’t think it’s going to happen. It hasn’t even hit the regional DC yet :(

I received a return shipping label from EFX last Friday evening. I just dropped the helmet off to ship back to EFX about 15 minutes ago.

I asked Bryon to personally pick me out a good copy. We'll see how it goes. ;)

...Will let you know how this turns out.

The replacement arrived today.

Already popped some quick pics.
mando2_001.JPG
mando2_002.JPG
mando2_003.JPG
mando2_004.JPG
mando2_005.JPG

Comparison of the old helmet (left) with the mandible issue, with the replacement helmet (right). Please, I'm not standing the same distance from these helmets, so the shape is off a bit. But you can distinctly notice the mandibles are much better on the replacement helmet on the right.

1st_2nd_comparison.jpg

On another note - there is a slight spiderweb cracking in the paint on the replacement helmet. It's not noticeable unless you pick up the helmet and inspect it for flaws. I do like the weathering on the replacement helmet more so than my first helmet. Seems like there's less "pastiness" on the cheeks, and around the mohawk. Everything else is sharp, and no wavy lines.

I posted on the RPF, that while I'm very happy with my replacement, I know there are going to be others who aren't happy with their helmets, and eventually EFX is going to run out of replacements, and their only response is going to be "There's nothing we can do". This is especially true with the people in the second wave, who receive their helmets in the last shipments.

EFX might need to rethink how they sell and produce their products to avoid these issues. I already noted, they could take a cue from RS Prop Masters, and reduce their productions to 25, 50 or 100, make sure everything is in tiptop shape, then sell another run of 25, 50 or 100 - until their limited run of 750 is fulfilled. It takes longer, but it eliminates the "rush job" of trying to cram 750 items out the door all at once. Or take the 750 orders, and produce and ship them in batches of 50. It may take a little longer to fulfill the orders - but if they keep everyone posted, and the communication going and flowing, it would certainly help.

Plus - move their production to the US so they don't have to ship items from China to the US through customs, then ship to their final global destinations from the US.

Attachments

• mando2_005.JPG
    mando2_005.JPG
    903.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 1st_2nd_comparison.jpg
    1st_2nd_comparison.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 210
The replacement arrived today.

Already popped some quick pics. View attachment 193944View attachment 193947View attachment 193948View attachment 193949View attachment 193950

Comparison of the old helmet (left) with the mandible issue, with the replacement helmet (right). Please, I'm not standing the same distance from these helmets, so the shape is off a bit. But you can distinctly notice the mandibles are much better on the replacement helmet on the right.

View attachment 193951

On another note - there is a slight spiderweb cracking in the paint on the replacement helmet. It's not noticeable unless you pick up the helmet and inspect it for flaws. I do like the weathering on the replacement helmet more so than my first helmet. Seems like there's less "pastiness" on the cheeks, and around the mohawk. Everything else is sharp, and no wavy lines.

I posted on the RPF, that while I'm very happy with my replacement, I know there are going to be others who aren't happy with their helmets, and eventually EFX is going to run out of replacements, and their only response is going to be "There's nothing we can do". This is especially true with the people in the second wave, who receive their helmets in the last shipments.

EFX might need to rethink how they sell and produce their products to avoid these issues. I already noted, they could take a cue from RS Prop Masters, and reduce their productions to 25, 50 or 100, make sure everything is in tiptop shape, then sell another run of 25, 50 or 100 - until their limited run of 750 is fulfilled. It takes longer, but it eliminates the "rush job" of trying to cram 750 items out the door all at once. Or take the 750 orders, and produce and ship them in batches of 50. It may take a little longer to fulfill the orders - but if they keep everyone posted, and the communication going and flowing, it would certainly help.

Plus - move their production to the US so they don't have to ship items from China to the US through customs, then ship to their final global destinations from the US.
They dont make money selling small qty's of helmets though. The more they buy the cheaper each unit is for them.

They dont make money selling small qty's of helmets though. The more they buy the cheaper each unit is for them.

Then raise the price, from $700 to $900, and have a few Star Wars pieces unlimited editions, to generate a steadier revenue stream. They offered the fiberglass "Legend" edition. That should have been their "limited edition" run. The other "cleaned up fiberglass" helmet should have been on an unlimited term. They'd have sold a TON of those, being that there were literally no "available to the public" options - especially those that were licensed.

Oddly enough, RS has found a way to be profitable with small order runs.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back