eFX PCR Boba Fett Helmet

I believe one reason is that it's a multi part shell, which gives those visible seams.
There may have been other reasons but I can't remember.

I got mine yesterday. I would post pics, but MinuteFett did a great job previously and mine looks the same as his.

For the money, this is a good helmet. Hell, without factoring in the money, this is a good helmet. Nothing compares to doing a paint job yourself, but in several ways, this helmet has a better paint job than mine. The main issues I see with the paint job are:
1) Dimensionality - the scratches and dings are obviously painted on. No problem there, but up close, you can tell they are painted on. I used a dental pick to scratch in myself, which gives it a better look (I think). It is also missing some of the damage at the bottom of the cheeks that I would have thought would be there. My own paint job is so thick, you can see the layers, which I kind of like. It really looks like paint chipping off when you are up close.
2) Damage on rear left panel - it seems to be missing some of those, most notably, the "check mark"
3) Dark weathering - I put some very dark weathering by misting black at the bottoms of the cheeks with a dark spot in the middle of the right cheek and a black mist at the dent. I don't know if it is correct or not... but it makes it look better IMO.

There are many ways that the paint job is better than mine:
1) The tan splotches all over - I have never done this because I didn't want to screw it up, but they are there.
2) I didn't bother with the white paint that goes over the metallic areas on the rear panel, in the dent, and elsewhere. It has always been hard for me to see, so I didn't bother. It makes a difference when you are up close.

Overall, this is a really great product for the money. There will be complainers about anything. The helmet feels plenty sturdy, but I am not sure that it is sturdy enough to troop in. And I would have to make modifications to actually wear it as the lining just doesn't keep it in place. A chin cup would have been nice.

Well after UPS not delivering it even though I saw the truck in my drive way, I finally got mine. The helmet is great. Too heavy to wear because it tilts on my head. Is anyone else’s range finder loose?

I don't mean the stalk, i mean the top black piece with the LEDs. If its up, the connection below the LEDs wiggles ip and down, and if the stalk is down it wiggled front to back.

sorry I miss understood. But no I am not seeing any wiggle in the black piece up or down.

mine arrived today , very happy with it. I have always wanted a high quality plastic helmet . i had high hopes for the Altmans helm , but we know how bad that was . side by side pic on the left is my 6 year old unfinished fett pride paint job .. Now what do i do with the fp helmet ?? NFS

Attachments

• fetts.jpeg
    fetts.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 393
  • murders row .jpeg
    murders row .jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 381
Yeah, mine is signature required, too. Hopefully my wife will hear them. Otherwise the pickup location is only about 2 miles away.

did yours show up? And seeing as you are amazing at painting boba lids I’m interested in how the colors compare to the ones you do. The red on mine seems dark.

Got mine today. Havent opened it yet. to any one concerned about whether or not it needs signature, Bryan explained it only applies if your order is more than $500 (in this case more than 1 helmet). Btw, i also cheekily asked him if are releasing LE or Legend in the future, to which i got no replies.

Last edited:
did yours show up? And seeing as you are amazing at painting boba lids I’m interested in how the colors compare to the ones you do. The red on mine seems dark.

Missed the delivery so I'm going to pick it up at the UPS store this afternoon.
I'm interested in the colors, too! :)

The colors are very interesting. When I opened the helmet, I was in a dark room and it looked far darker than I thought it should. Under light, it looks lighter as all of the comparison pictures here show. It is not metallic, but the effect is almost a metallic effect where it is highly sensitive to the lighting conditions. I can see now how so many people (myself included) get "tricked" when it comes to color matching.

I haven't seen the original in person for a side-by-side, but maybe someone who has (Dom?) can chime in...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back