Dying hoses...

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
Maybe I've missed something during my research but I've had the hoses soaking in the dye all day with little to no results.

I used the RIT dye denim, powder version

Am I not doing something right? Thanks.

You might try boiling the whole thing for a few minutes and then letting it sit. I think that is how I did mine. And I left it sitting for about 24 hours after.

You might try boiling the whole thing for a few minutes and then letting it sit. I think that is how I did mine. And I left it sitting for about 24 hours after.

True. I was reading another member used the liquid version and it took to the hoses quickly. IDK, I''ll get another one of the powder and get the liquid one as a backup.

I cut the hoses to length plus maybe a little extra, boiled the water, added dye (powder I think) put hoses in and made sure to they were not "air locked" i.e. get the air out of the tubes so dye was inside the hoses fully. I probably sloshed them around ever so often as it cooled and did other projects and removed a few hours later they were nice and dark.

I think this is the hose I used. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LX6LR02/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cut the hoses to length plus maybe a little extra, boiled the water, added dye (powder I think) put hoses in and made sure to they were not "air locked" i.e. get the air out of the tubes so dye was inside the hoses fully. I probably sloshed them around ever so often as it cooled and did other projects and removed a few hours later they were nice and dark.

I think this is the hose I used. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LX6LR02/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yea, I did this, with both the liquid and the powder :/

The hoses dyed to a foggy light purple color...they're effectively ruined

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back