Thank you sir! The metal parts are made by Dark-side here on the boards. He sells them as upgrades for the resin pieces most packs come with. These packs will come with resin ones i will scratch build but im making the parts to fit Dark-sides metal upgrades so no altering is necessary
Started on the lower rocket. This is a plastic cup, some styrene sheet, a 1.5" PVC pipe and bondo.
I may trim about 1/2" off the top, not sure yet, it seems like it MAY be a little tall. But anywhys, here it is so far, obviously not done
Trying to get the gauntlets into the final stages to have them available soon, but i didnt forget about the jetpack..because well, i need a jetpack for myself! LOL! Within the next couple of weeks i will be making a dump mold of this lower rocket piece and casting one so i can fine tune it and get it ready to fit on the pack. I dont want to trim off the top and lose the structure of the part, so its better i canst one and trim the top on that, and also fine tune the details all at once on a solid piece. In the meantime i will also be doing the dump mold on the main body, as i cant do much more with it at this point because its made of foamboard/styrene. But hang in there folks still workin on this! ...while finishing 4 helmet paint-ups and starting 3 more! ...imma busy! lol
Dude! This thread is amazing! Totally reinspired me all over again to do a build! I've got 3 months to make a DVH quality jp it seems! Do you have a link or size info on the ice molds? Also, as for the spackle, is it vinyl spackle? That's what I use like Matty did with glue over it. I'm staying tuned for the rest of the thrusters too! ;P
Been working on the upper rocket and the thrusters..didnt snap any pics ...but i swear im workin on it! Went to a con this weekend and half my fellow troopers wanted to know where my Fett was...so im in full steam ahead gear to finish this so i can get my Fett back together and troopable!
So i seem to have lost my camera either in the shop or somewhere in this office space...ugh. its gotta be here somewhere! So no pics right now...but i have the main body of the jetpack in rubber now. This will end up a dump mold because i need to make a couple of bigger adjustments to the pack that if i tried it with the foamboard/styrene pack i likely would have destroyed it. SO, im going to slush cast 1 pack in 65D urethane resin, and fix/clean up as much as i can on it. So hopefully in the next few weeks i'll be able to mold it again and get a good clean fiberglass castings from a nice production mold off a super clean master Thats the plan anyways.
Still working on the upper rocket from sheet styrene and thrusters as well. I molded the ball part of the thruster so i will be able to cast 2, and found a plastic champagne glass i used for the cone part. Just took a crap mold off it and cast 2 soild cones that i will cut down and partially hollow out for the cone part of the thrusters.
i also made 4 teeth/piano keys and molded them as well. Im going to glue them on a strip of styrene that will fit onto the pack, similar to MOW's newer packs.
i have a real mitchel stabilizer i will mold for the resin one to be included in the kit. I also have the bottom greeblies i will also mold to include resin versions in the kit. It will or course come with a solid resin beacon as well.
Im having a local buddy of mine 3d model the toothed ring for the top of the pack where the rocket goes because the templates dont have the right amount of slots. I will have that printed and use that as the master
So this is moving along steadily at this point. Once everything is done, i will cast one pack and assemble it and make sure all is hunky-dory. If it is, it will become my personal Jetpack. Then i will do a small introductory run of 4 or 5. After that im going to TRY and have a couple in stock, or just do no money down small runs, rather than a rotational system of first in first out. These are a pain to cast, so i feel its best to do small runs randomly for me as i wont have the time to just pump them out as i do make other stuff for other costumes as well.
Yay camera found, I'm looking forward to some more shots...
I hate miss-placing items in my work shop, especially when i have a running inventory in my head, (I know bad place, but it works well... until I miss-place something)
Ok here is the main body in 3 layers of rubber. 2 brushed on at the normal consistency of Rebound 25, and 1 with a thickener added to avoid too much run off and keep it where it needs to be. I added one more with the thickener and made it as smooth as i could and then added one more without the thickener. I will be flipping it over and doing the back in the next couple of days. This should be sufficient to get at least 1 cast out of it. If im lucky i can get 2 and make one into a custom design.