DP95 vs Bobamaker helmet

fett uk

Active Hunter
I've recently had hold of a bobamaker helmet (very impressive) but not sure about the size. I cant be certain as I didnt have my lid with me but it didnt seem much bigger than my DP95!
Do any bobamaker helmet owners (or the man himself;) ) have a comparison pic for size refrence?
Cheers
Jon
BH1195
 

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
id like to see that aswell... :) since I also requested it in a post a while ago, someone told me that the difference in an MS helmet and a DP are immense.

Dont know about the BobaMaker helmet. All I can say is that hes knees are freakin' awesome, and what I got was exactly like what you see in the pics on the site, so I assume that goes for the helmet aswell.

nice guy to work with! :cheers
 

FettTheHunter

Active Hunter
Measured my 95... compared them to Boba Maker's marvelous helmet and there does not seem to be a a great deal of difference .. which I think we all know cannot be right as you can tell just by looking at the two that Boba Maker's is bigger ... I'm going to try a different measuring tape .. this one is a bit dodgy !!! :facepalm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Reverend Scapegoat

Active Hunter
I, too, was under the impression that Bobamaker helmets were among the largest - Since my main reason for intending to buy one is that my current bucket's a tad too small for me...
So comparison pics would be greatly appreciated!
 

1138

New Hunter
He says on the site that his helmets are movie accurate so i'm, hoping so also ,as I want to buy one,i'd be really p'd off if they weren't,but will email him before I part with hard earned cash!!!
 

Tyler Durden

Well-Known Hunter
This is in no way a slam to Bobamaker, but if his helmet is a pure sculpt it can't be movie accurate, as it no linneage to a real helmet.
 

bobamaker

Active Hunter
1138 said:
He says on the site that his helmets are movie accurate so i'm, hoping so also ,as I want to buy one,i'd be really p'd off if they weren't,but will email him before I part with hard earned cash!!!

Sorry, but I don't claim on my website that my helmet is "movie accurate", I sculpted it and it has NO lineage to an original. I've been down this road before... please let's get facts right before posting here, thanks!

OK guys, I don't have a DP Deluxe helmet so I can't show a side by side shot I'm afraid, so I've attached a pic with some of the measurements of my sculpt (give or take a few mm). If anyone has a DP Deluxe that they can show with measurements that would be awesome.

 

bobamaker

Active Hunter
R_boba_fett said:
id like to see that aswell... :) since I also requested it in a post a while ago, someone told me that the difference in an MS helmet and a DP are immense.

Dont know about the BobaMaker helmet. All I can say is that hes knees are freakin' awesome, and what I got was exactly like what you see in the pics on the site, so I assume that goes for the helmet aswell.

nice guy to work with! :cheers

I was always lead to believe that the main difference between a MS Helmet and DP Deluxe was the flare. I just visited Chris's marvelous site to view the comparrison pics, see what you think.

comparison1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Reverend Scapegoat

Active Hunter
The original poster was asking about the difference between a DP95 and a Bobamaker though - Not the DP Deluxe.
I've seen the standard DP helmets, and they're awful IMHO.
Which is why I was confused at this thread, since I've always been led to believe that your buckets are among the bext one can buy, BM.
And the biggest...
 

1138

New Hunter
Sorry Bobamaker I meant to say movie "sized" not "Accurate",apologies for any misunderstanding there and if it's any consolation I will be buying one of your helmets in the near future,personally I like the way you have sculpted it with all the kinks in,that's what won it for me :lol:
 

Reverend Scapegoat

Active Hunter
Hmm...
That's odd.
My Judge Dweddz buvket ( Based, I believe, on a Jango original ) is 260mm from back to front, and 240 from ear to ear.
So the one I currently have is BIGGER than a Bobamaker!

:(

Bobamaker - How does yours compare, then, to the other helmets available?

This is odd, as I don't think I've got a particularly big head - Yet when I wear my current bucket ( Visorless right now ), my nose actually protrudes through the gap between mandibles...
 

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Reverend Scapegoat said:
Hmm...
That's odd.
My Judge Dweddz buvket ( Based, I believe, on a Jango original ) is 260mm from back to front, and 240 from ear to ear.
So the one I currently have is BIGGER than a Bobamaker!

:(

Bobamaker - How does yours compare, then, to the other helmets available?

This is odd, as I don't think I've got a particularly big head - Yet when I wear my current bucket ( Visorless right now ), my nose actually protrudes through the gap between mandibles...

I believe that the Jango helmet is quite different with it's proportions than Boba's, so if you have one that has roots to an original Jango then it isn't really going to help me to resolve this DP95 and my helmet issue.

I had a DP 96 for a while and I'm positive that it was considerably smaller than my sculpt, because it barely covered my chin (not that I have a big chin :lol: )

We really need someone to publish the size of a DP95. In the meantime I will re-measure mine carefully and also measure my MS1, let's see how they compare, these are the only helmets I have in my posession at the moment. I'll show the results tomorrow.
 

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Reverend Scapegoat said:
"Hmm...
That's odd.
My Judge Dweddz buvket ( Based, I believe, on a Jango original ) is 260mm from back to front, and 240 from ear to ear."

I've just measured my BM Helmet again but this time using the outside edges instead of the inner and it measures 258 x 242. There's no way a DP95 is this large.

Am I correct in assuming that the measurements you took of your Judge Dweddz Bucket were the outer edges?
 
Top