Don't Laugh...

Viper

Active Hunter
So my wife is watching Return of the Jedi for the first time...
At a critical part in the movie she goes...
"Wait...who got eaten?!"
"Oh...he got eaten...bummer."

I'm crying lol
:lol:

I've been surprised at how many people I have come across recently who've wither never seen Star Wars or just like 1 or 2 of them. :eek: I'm like dude...you haven't lived yet.
My wife has seen a scene or two here and there but as far as sitting down and watching through the whole saga, never.
I think it is AWESOME to sit and watch her experience Star Wars for the first time.
And we are doing it the right way (in my opinion)
4, 5, 6, then 1, 2, 3, and now 7 and 8!
She was pretty bummed about Boba's short screen time and how he went out haha. Her face was like, "Wait what....that's it?!"
Until the stand alone Fett film yes...just have to make do with our 6 mins of Boba.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed Dengar's blaster for the first time.
IMG_1024.jpg

I thought you meant Han, but yeah, the way Maul got taken out makes absolutely no sense. He must've had a severe brain fart for the stretch of time that ObiWan pull-flipped-grab-land-chopped him while Maul just stood there and didn't Force-see it coming. Just terrible.

It's all good. I have a friend who has never seen "Jaws" . His parents refused to take him to the drive in (an old form of media for you younger readers) to see it.
He will not watch it on principal.

I thought you meant Han, but yeah, the way Maul got taken out makes absolutely no sense. He must've had a severe brain fart for the stretch of time that ObiWan pull-flipped-grab-land-chopped him while Maul just stood there and didn't Force-see it coming. Just terrible.

Those damn Sith-drugs... :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

(an old form of media for you younger readers)
LMAO! Drive ins were fun, large pizzas and two liters in the back of the truck!

Sadly for the generations of about 32 years old and down, most of them have never seen films that should be required viewing. I speak to 30 year old people all the time that have never seen Star Wars (any of them), Top Gun, Raiders of the Lost Ark (or any of the Indiana Jones films), Tombstone, Diehard......and not just action movies. They have never seen Cool Hand Luke, The Wizard of Oz, The Ten Commandments, Far and Away, Shawshank Redemption, and these are just the tip of the iceberg.

I personally think this is a tragedy. Film is the literature of the past few decades and the younger people have no culture and no history and they don't even know it. The same goes with music. They can't identify Van Halen when it is playing. I have had some of them act like I am crazy........"that was before I was born" they have said to me. Well guess what Frank Sinatra was before I was born but I know him when I hear him. Elvis had his hayday before I was born but I still know who he is and can recognize him.

So I know I am an old fart for all of this but it is just a shame the they miss out on so much greatness just because of their self centeredness. They think nothing before they remember could possibly be as good as today. At least that is what they have told me. I showed my daughter (14 years old) Cool Hand Luke btw........it was awesome to hear her recognize all of the cultural references she knew from the movie even though she had never seen it. That is one movie that is referenced over and over by film makers, and commercial makers too.

so.......old man rant over.

Oh if you are one of these young people feel free to ask and I will give you a list of things you should probably look into.

Sadly for the generations of about 32 years old and down, most of them have never seen films that should be required viewing. I speak to 30 year old people all the time that have never seen Star Wars (any of them), Top Gun, Raiders of the Lost Ark (or any of the Indiana Jones films), Tombstone, Diehard......and not just action movies. They have never seen Cool Hand Luke, The Wizard of Oz, The Ten Commandments, Far and Away, Shawshank Redemption, and these are just the tip of the iceberg.

I personally think this is a tragedy. Film is the literature of the past few decades and the younger people have no culture and no history and they don't even know it. The same goes with music. They can't identify Van Halen when it is playing. I have had some of them act like I am crazy........"that was before I was born" they have said to me. Well guess what Frank Sinatra was before I was born but I know him when I hear him. Elvis had his hayday before I was born but I still know who he is and can recognize him.

So I know I am an old fart for all of this but it is just a shame the they miss out on so much greatness just because of their self centeredness. They think nothing before they remember could possibly be as good as today. At least that is what they have told me. I showed my daughter (14 years old) Cool Hand Luke btw........it was awesome to hear her recognize all of the cultural references she knew from the movie even though she had never seen it. That is one movie that is referenced over and over by film makers, and commercial makers too.

so.......old man rant over.

Oh if you are one of these young people feel free to ask and I will give you a list of things you should probably look into.

This is awesome and so true. I'm going to hop on the old fart band wagon for just a short ride and rant. Just about all "art forms" have been, for lack of better words, "dumbed down" for new generations. Music, movies, TV, you name it, is mostly all crap, remakes of crap or comic books turned into movies. Younger people do not respect older forms in the arts, nor do they seek them out to learn about them. I've been so disgusted with music that I haven't listened to the radio since the early 90's. The cool thing now is, with the mass availability of everything on the internet, I research older musicians, movies, hell books all the time. I've discovered that I'm a huge Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins, Buck Owens, Don Rich fan. Like Mullreel, I'll be exposing my daughter to all of this stuff (Cool Hand Luke included; "Taking em off boss, puttin' em on boss"). Being that you're also from Texas, I'm sure you've noticed that their self centered-ness also applies to their dancing! Go to a dance hall and watch the young people; they can't even do a simple two-step correctly! They've bastardized it into some screwed up half step crap. They all do it and they all think they're the ******. Forget about them counting to three and being able to waltz! LOL.
Another thing is their idea of cool movies. I recently had to re-watch "Boon Dock Saints" because a younger friend of mine was all brow beating me about how he couldn't believe I didn't like it. So I watched it again, and I thought it sucked, again! Same goes for the "Big Lebowski" which I know is supposed to be this deep awesome movie. I think it has a great cast and pretty much the script was crap.
And the flat hat thing.... really.... gonna leave your caps and hats with the out of the box bill/brim. That flat? Also, when wearing a cap (for you yankee brethren up there, a cap is what you wear while playing baseball and a hat is something Roy Rogers or Indiana Jones (Fedora) wears, there is a difference) your ears do not go inside the cap. That cap is too big. I realize you bought a size bigger so that it fitting correctly on your head didn't make the bill have curvature in it; gotta keep it perfectly flat to maintain the I'm a young ****** whippersnapper look so I can score with all the hotties posting selfies of themselves everywhere on the internet. WHEN DID I TURN 85?!!!!!

Rant ends

(Sorry about hijacking....)

Man, speaking of Raiders of the Lost Ark. That was on the other day and of course I watched it. That movie is remarkable how well it still holds up. Such a great premise and story.That movie could be released today and still be amazing, What movie do you guys think hold up well regardless of time past?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back