Dented Jango Helmet

I just measured my "Jango pull" and this distance is exactly 20mm. If you need any more measurements just let me know.

Have fun
DAZ

tk-938 said:
Well I got my Dented Helmet Friday and had a chance to start working on it. As I was cutting the visor out I noticed something that would like to get opions on.

DentedHelmetcopy.jpg

As you can see from this pic the top part of the visor is smaller/narrower on the BKBT helm then what SWC is using. It is smaller/narrower than JD or the Rubies. Is this right? which size to correct? The BKBT helm is a pleasure to own and I want to do it justice in painting it up, but if the visor area should be a bit wider, then I want to do the mod for visibility.

OK so I have my nice dented helmet, but something confuses me (well most things do). The right ear cap, logically it looks as if it was designed to be placed high with a gap between the top and lower right ear parts. However every source that I have seen shows it lower, leaving the ear cap contour shape exposed. I can not help but wonder if this was a mistake, or was it planned this way? Anyone have any insights?? I am fighting the urge to place the ear cap high..

That is one of the older in-progress pics you are looking at. Scroll up a bit & you will see the finished product with a smaller dent & in a slightly different position.

I don't think Vince has a chance to get that far in the process.. I think they leave faster than he can paint them. I just got mine, it is number 5, so there are not that many out there atm.

I got #3 and I am taking my time with it. Only spending 30 - 40 minutes ata time with it, so I do not rush. ;)

Now if I took a day or two off from work I would have this puppy done. :lol:

Bluewolf is right, I'd love to have the time to paint one of these up for myself, but other priorites exist:facepalm

I have to set aside a couple of days & do some commando prop making, that is the best way for me to get anything done!:lol:

bigkidbiggertoys said:
Bluewolf is right, I'd love to have the time to paint one of these up for myself, but other priorites exist:facepalm

I have to set aside a couple of days & do some commando prop making, that is the best way for me to get anything done!:lol:

*cracks whip*

No prop making for you. Now get back to making Helmets. :p

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back