Delta75 - BM Armor Project

Wes

Active Hunter
Well, I got all my gear from DAZ on Saturday. I will post pics as as I progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

LionsPride

Active Hunter
awsome Wes !!! Your well on your way bro, can't wait to keep an eye on your progress.

BM does some great work doesn't he, clean as a whistle his parts are.

Lookin good (y)

shortimer52

Well-Known Hunter
Nice, need help LMK,,, Id get the aluminum shoulder and knee darts. You know youll just spend the money later and its a PAIN to take to old stuff off. Trust me!

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
shortimer52 said:
Nice, need help LMK,,, Id get the aluminum shoulder and knee darts. You know youll just spend the money later and its a PAIN to take to old stuff off. Trust me!

yeah, replacing the darts once you're all built up is a huge pain.

great looking set there. i did everything bit by bit, so i never got to see everything layed out before me like that!

Wes

Active Hunter
zombierepellent said:
what'd you take a loan out to get that? Can't wait to see your progress

Well, the way I see it. We are constantly spending money to create our "perfect" Fett, so I figured to go ahead and start with the perfect armor.:D

It bugs when some of these guys complain about not having the money instead of doing something about it. I work a full time job, go to school at night, married and have 2 kids. I do computer work on the side to fund my projects. When you put a little aside every month it doesn't take long to add up to a new set of BM armor.
It is possible, you just need dedication and a little patience.

BM does some great work doesn't he, clean as a whistle his parts are.

Your not kidding, DAZ was a Mando blacksmith in another life.(y)

Id get the aluminum shoulder and knee darts.

Already working on it bro..:lol:

Wes

Active Hunter
Work has begun.

Here is a quick shot of my right plate using Evans armor stencils. He has done a killer job.

This is minus the weathering

Buckeye 01

Active Hunter
Lookin good so far! I just broke down today and ordered my armor from DAZ. I got the whole shabang; back, cod, butt, knees, shoulders, chest, and collar. I'm so excited! This 8 weeks is gonna drag on! I wish I would have listened to Rip. I could be wearing it by now. :lol:

Wes

Active Hunter
Buckeye_01 said:
I forgot to ask you something Delta, how much prep work was necessary before paint?

None at all.
Everything is sanded baby butt smooth and primed for you.

Only thing I did was lay down a base coat of Aluminum because all my scratches are masked.

GRINCH

Active Hunter
Wes,

glad to hear you are happy with Bobamakers items! I just purchased evrythinghe makes & it does put a "dent" in the wallet, but like you stated " if you want the best than you find a way to pay for it". Daz is doing my paint scheme as well. My wife thinks I'm crazy for the amount that I will totally spend to make my Boba Fett as dead on as it can get! I am also one of the first to purchase his new "jet pack". Let's just say the total amount doesn't come close to what I spent on my first car (1971 VW Karmann Ghia)! But I know it will be worth it when I join the 501st. Will keep you all posted.