General Collar/cod studs computer keys???

redkraytdragon

Active Hunter
I know this has been discussed before, but I'm thinking about doing a large run in metal and I was curious about what the general consensus is on what they used for the collar/cod studs. According to what I see in the gallery and the way the light shines off the blocks on the ROTJ collar studs, I'm 99.9% convinced that computer keys were used. Although they do look a tad large, even for the vintage kind, but who am I to say? I'm no expert on vintage computer keys AND the shots I looked at were pretty close up, so that could have played a part.
Anyway, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this and I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm thinking about doing a large run in metal and I was curious about what the general consensus is on what they used for the collar/cod studs. According to what I see in the gallery and the way the light shines off the blocks on the ROTJ collar studs, I'm 99.9% convinced that computer keys were used. Although they do look a tad large, even for the vintage kind, but who am I to say? I'm no expert on vintage computer keys AND the shots I looked at were pretty close up, so that could have played a part.
Anyway, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this and I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here.

That would be my two cents also Will, but I think the more established folks here probably count more.

That's who I have mine from and used as my master for my resin blocks...after I flattened out the top. I just wanted to get more info/opinions before committing to a large order of these in metal.

Will, I'll throw my 2 cents your way. On my studs I pined over making my own with computer keys or adding machine keys. I debated over metal ones. Finally I stumbled onto a set of 6 on ebay for like $6-8. Resin cast in white. My method of attachment was different in that I put a short screw in the stud by drilling it out and then using an open ended chicago screw/nut epoxied to the back piece I bought from you. Works great, but unless your machining a nut into the studs I, personally don't see the appeal of solid metal other than it's just plain cool. Just maybe not as utilitarian as other materials for actual attachment purposes.
Good luck either way you decide.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back