Cobb Vanth build

dgcook

New Hunter
First test fit for this costume. The jetpack weight is giving me some issues with pulling around the neck and pulling the vest in the back. But otherwise, I am pleased with the progress so far.

FRONT.JPG

LEFT.JPG

BACK.JPG

I have tried two setups so far. One is a harness from Man of War that I use for a Jango Fett setup. It works great on that. But the back armor and connection points on the Cobb pack are causing it to hang differently. I had to run the strapping differently from the pack to the harness. I also tried modifying a weight belt harness and that has been a dismal failure. That wants to pull up under the arms and cuts the blood flow off.

I have tried two setups so far. One is a harness from Man of War that I use for a Jango Fett setup. It works great on that. But the back armor and connection points on the Cobb pack are causing it to hang differently. I had to run the strapping differently from the pack to the harness. I also tried modifying a weight belt harness and that has been a dismal failure. That wants to pull up under the arms and cuts the blood flow off.
You may want to consider using the SCUBA harness type setup that was used on the OT Boba Fetts. It takes some of the weight off of your shoulders and transfers the bulk of the weight to the hips, which helps a lot.

That type of SCUBA harness would do the trick, but the screen images for Cobb show none of the previous attachment methods that I can see. It looks to just be stuck to the backplate. That same type of magic attachment through the series where someone just wings the pack on their back and it sticks. Maybe that is my answer. I may see if I can bolt the jetpack to the backplate and support the backplate instead.

I haven't done enough searching yet to see what is available for a helmet to match the look of the series. I may repaint this for the time being.

That type of SCUBA harness would do the trick, but the screen images for Cobb show none of the previous attachment methods that I can see. It looks to just be stuck to the backplate. That same type of magic attachment through the series where someone just wings the pack on their back and it sticks. Maybe that is my answer. I may see if I can bolt the jetpack to the backplate and support the backplate instead.
Check out how PinkFlamingos6 attached his jetpack to the back plate here:

It’s at the bottom of post #7. It might be an option.

How did you do the back right pocket design?
After I finally captured a good screen image of the pocket I felt they had left the original in place. They removed the canvas strip that runs vertically on it and drew a design directly on the remaining pocket to cover the thread holes left from removing the canvas strip. I used a white fabric marker to directly draw the design on the pocket. The left pocket I created by removing the existing pocket and used the material from it and the pocket removed from the leg to create the two patches. I used the same ink from the pen with a damp sponge on the left pocket to create the camo patern.

Last edited:
Hi there! I'd love to know where you got the red shirt, or if you made it yourself was there a pattern you worked from? I've seen a few people with them and have been trying to figure out the best way to replicate the shirt

Sorry for the long delay in updating what I settled on for attaching the jet pack. I was definitely over thinking the jetpack attachment. After a number of attempts with harnesses I finally just sewed heavy duty Velcro to the back of the vest and glued the reverse on the inside of the back armor plate. I use a slide on method with the jetpack to catch a hook on the back of the plate and a tab of Velcro to keep it in place. So far it is working well and easy to get on and off by myself for trooping with it.

Back.jpg

Back2.jpg

Front.jpg

Front2.jpg

It is a 3d printed piece that is in the shape of a U. It has a 3-inch tongue on the inside of the pack that is held in place by 3 bolts. The outside part of the U is just the inch ledge you see in the picture to catch the edge of the hole in the back of the jetpack.

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back