clown3y's GMH to Supertrooper conversion

clown3y

Hunter
(This thread was originally called "clown3y's GMH to ESB conversion")

In the next weeks and months, I will post my GMH to ESB conversion progress in this thread.

I love Star Wars prop replicas with proven lineage to original pieces. Therefore, it was inevitable for me to get a GMH at some point. I got this one in November from Wasted Fett and finally had some time to start working on it in the last few days. I was unsure whether I should go the PP2 route or modify it to make it look like an ESB helmet, but since it's such a great piece, I figured that it would be a waste not being able to troop with it.

First, I did all the prep work, glued screws into the ears, polished the stalk a bit and so on. Nothing too exciting.

NtXYFKQ.jpg

UeHgMSe.jpg

After that, cut out the visor, added the wavy brow (damn, that took a long time), filled in the PP2 damage and added (some of) the ESB damage. This is where I'm at now:

Z5CynGg.jpg

RH0nglW.jpg

Before starting the painting process, I still need to do some filling, install the visor, dremel out the Borden and do some other stuff that I can't think of now.

I look forward to showing you more!
Mario

Last edited:
Looking good Mario !! Are you planning to paint your own helmet?
Thank you! Yes, I will. I've spent a decent amount of time mixing MM colors and after like several dozens of mixes, I found some good solutions for most of the colors. Though I'm not happy with my red and purple mixes yet :D

I woke up in cold sweat a few days ago (figuratively speaking) that I never ever updated this thread. A lot has happened since then, and I changed my original plans to paint this as an ESB helmet.

Instead, I have decided to convert this into a Supertrooper helmet amidst its conversion from Supertrooper to Fett. Admittedly, I only wanted to keep the dent on it. That was back in July.

Boba-Fett-Supertrooper-Helmet-02.jpg

The process of making this was pretty straight forward. I've painted the helmet white, polished it for super long, realised that I've polished it too much and then repeated the process. The helmet is currently missing a piece of the rangefinder, and I'm pretty sure that I've lost it somewhere in my workshop, but if those pieces ever cross my way again, you can be sure as hell that they will be glued right on.

DSC02409-02.jpeg

Thanks

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back