Chest display

Fetterling

Jr Hunter
Just got my chest display from Hotpockets. Awesome! Rafalfett's RotJ sequence. Uuhhmm, now can anyone refer me to a link on how to attach it? Wanted the display for the longest time and now that I have it don't have a clue what to do. Except turn it on and off and say. OOOO, pretty, my precious, pretty. Please and thank you.

If you check out my build thread, you can see my gf came up with a pretty cool way of attaching it. Just take a piece of elastic band (could be extra from the knees or other part) and glue it tight on the back of the breastplate. Then just slip it in and out for easy maintenance!

I took my flak vest to a tailor and had them cut a slit and sew in a pocket to hold the battery pack. Then I just duct taped the assembly into the back of the chest plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my chest display from Hotpockets. Awesome! Rafalfett's RotJ sequence. Uuhhmm, now can anyone refer me to a link on how to attach it? Wanted the display for the longest time and now that I have it don't have a clue what to do. Except turn it on and off and say. OOOO, pretty, my precious, pretty. Please and thank you.

I like DentedGent's (GF's) idea using elastic, but I'd be afraid that would slip and not line up with the cutouts while wearing. I've seen many using just duct tape, but I went for a more permanent mount using hot glue. I also rewired mine (a Fettronics board) to use 3V lithium cells to avoid the larger battery pack:

IMG_1507.jpg

Just be careful to place and measure your cutouts accurately, and wedge your "translucent screen" between the back of the cutouts and your light board.

I like DentedGent's (GF's) idea using elastic, but I'd be afraid that would slip and not line up with the cutouts while wearing. I've seen many using just duct tape, but I went for a more permanent mount using hot glue. I also rewired mine (a Fettronics board) to use 3V lithium cells to avoid the larger battery pack:

View attachment 106080

Just be careful to place and measure your cutouts accurately, and wedge your "translucent screen" between the back of the cutouts and your light board.

Nice touch with the rewiring! I could do without the big battery too, but thankfully I just stick it on a magnet on the inside and it stays in place well. Your concerns with the board shifting during troops is a good point. You have to make the elastic tight enough not to damage the board yet maintain it in place, so it has a bit of a sweet spot. It held up really well during two consecutive 8 hour filming sessions including full running and going prone and it only shifted once.

View attachment 106080

You think your set up is bulky? I still have a Fettronics v2 board with a big 9v battery attatched to it[emoji38] . Everytime I walk that cold little 9v hits.my nipple cause I has to hang out on the inside of my flak vest. But I glued mine in permanently with hot glue as well. Worked like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my flak vest to a tailor and had them cut a slit and sew in a pocket to hold the battery pack. Then I just duct taped the assembly into the back of the chest plate.
I did mine the same with mine but on my sewing machine here at the house. Wayyy better than it was before.

You think your set up is bulky? I still have a Fettronics v2 board with a big 9v battery attatched to it[emoji38] . Everytime I walk that cold little 9v hits.my nipple cause I has to hang out on the inside of my flak vest. But I glued mine in permanently with hot glue as well. Worked like a charm.

As it is, mine all fits nicely under the curve of the chest armor.

Thanks for the advice folks. I found the perfect translucent screen. I cut out a piece of a red tinted divider from a notebook I bought at a dollar store. The duck tape worked really well.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back