Chest Armor - Red Transparent Plastic

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Fett's,
I've got myself some Boba Maker Armor, which came with that little red transparent plastic piece for the Chest LED's. After attaching it to the armor, I attempted to Hot Glue the Fettronics board too. (Mind you I've never hot glued anything) I took the clamps off and chest LED slid out of place and made a mess of the hot glue. (Note to Self: DO NOT Remove the Chest LED clamps immediately) I quickly cleaned up the Hot Glue from the Fettronics LED's, and started to carefully remove the Hot Glue which, by then had hardened pretty good to the Red Transparent piece of plastic. Needless to say I ruined it, while attempting to remove the Hot Glue.

So now I'm search of a replacement and found and bought this:
Red Transparent Plastic.jpg

I should have it by the weekend, but was curious what people thought of using something like this? I tried to procure this by local means and thought I would have good luck. But no dice on Hobby Lobby or Michaels, I even tried Office Depot/Staples and a few other hobby stores to no avail. Why is this such an elusive product to try and obtain? Haha! Once received I'll let you know what I think and post a few pics.

If anyone has had good luck getting their hands on other products - I'm fielding any other suggestions. ;)

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
I just bought an A4 red acetate sheet and cut a small piece out , it conformed to the chest armour shape perfectly.

Funkyred - That's a good find! (y)
Some of the hobby folks (Michaels & Hobby Lobby) said to use Cellophane. Hahaha! Knowing better than that, I rejected that idea. ;)
Had I only rejected the idea of immediately removing the Clamps from fresh hot glue - I wouldn't have found myself in this position. I do have to say that Hot Glue has a helluva grip. Afterwards I hot glued two pieces of cardboard together. I was pretty shocked with how well it bonded and cured and the fact that it was pretty dang strong! I should have tested it first never having done it before. Oh well, live and learn.

This is what I'm using in case some of you wonder what I'm using...
Hot Glue Gun and Sticks.jpg

Thanks,
-Iron

How do you glue your Fettronic board to the chest plate? Mine doesn't have any useful point of contact, so I just used tape.

Hello Fellow Fett's,
I've got myself some Boba Maker Armor, which came with that little red transparent plastic piece for the Chest LED's. After attaching it to the armor, I attempted to Hot Glue the Fettronics board too. (Mind you I've never hot glued anything) I took the clamps off and chest LED slid out of place and made a mess of the hot glue. (Note to Self: DO NOT Remove the Chest LED clamps immediately) I quickly cleaned up the Hot Glue from the Fettronics LED's, and started to carefully remove the Hot Glue which, by then had hardened pretty good to the Red Transparent piece of plastic. Needless to say I ruined it, while attempting to remove the Hot Glue.

So now I'm search of a replacement and found and bought this:
View attachment 194451

I should have it by the weekend, but was curious what people thought of using something like this? I tried to procure this by local means and thought I would have good luck. But no dice on Hobby Lobby or Michaels, I even tried Office Depot/Staples and a few other hobby stores to no avail. Why is this such an elusive product to try and obtain? Haha! Once received I'll let you know what I think and post a few pics.

If anyone has had good luck getting their hands on other products - I'm fielding any other suggestions. ;)

Thanks,
-Iron
Nice find. I need to get a replacement too. Mine has become roughed up over time. I originally used a red transparent folder, but they are almost impossible to find now in stores.

Nice find. I need to get a replacement too. Mine has become roughed up over time. I originally used a red transparent folder, but they are almost impossible to find now in stores.

ShortFuse - That idea was suggested to me as well, to use a red transparent folder, but like you. I couldn't find any.

Thanks,
-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back