Check out what my 13 year old made me.

Kripps

Active Hunter
I know I just posted a help me with the boots thread, But my 13 year old son sorta just surprised me and this deserves his own. He's been working on these all day...........(snooping around under my name in here I might add:D ) while I was fixing my front stairs. I come in and he's screwed spikes into my boots!!
Did a damn fine job at that I think!!
He used my thick plastic, wood dowel, and liquid nails............I'm just psyched........had to share!!
I was going to order some, but not now!

spikes6mg.jpg

he shouldn't have done that... he should have made his own suit ;) ;) :D

nice work!! something I could learn from!! alot I might add!!

Kripps said:
He used my thick plastic, wood dowel, and liquid nails............I'm just psyched........had to share!!
I was going to order some, but not now!
What are you, his 14 year old dad? :lol: :p ;) Looks preety freaking good.(y)

Really appreciate it guys......He kept asking to check the thread and I think he's hooked now. I caught him looking at pics I have of the shin tools......so well see what happens.

I was worried about the spikes falling off, but he countersunk two screws from the backside of the strap into each of the spikes so I don't think that'll happen.
Still thrilled.......and ya I did feel 14 when I walked in and saw them Jodo:)

So,......guess they didn't last :( . Wore em around this morning and much to our dismay, the wood/plastic combo didn't float.
Went to home depot with the boy and picked out some nice aluminum straps and roundstock and went to town together with the drill press. These aren't going anywhere.

boot20gr.jpg

still... 3 hurrays for the boy!!!

his idea and inspiration got to the current thing!!
Fett is always a failure the first few times, but never are those failures useless :)

I think it's great to see you and your son can get together to do stuff like this and to be able to produce such an outstandingly beautiful project. :)

I got my 7 year old son interested in Star wars this year and he wants to be a jedi for halloween now. :)
Maybe next year i can get him interested in a Fett costume. ;)

You two do great work (y)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back