Casio MQ-1 or MQ-2 circuit board?

PoD

Hunter
Does anyone know if the circuit board used for the helmet that is inside the Casio MQ-1 calculator is the same as the one in the MQ-2? I know the keypad is different but I wondered if the actual circuit board looked the same, as the MQ-2 calculators are slightly easier to find.

Ahh i wasn't sure as someone on ebay was selling casts of the MQ-2 for the helmet and the only difference i could see having a quick look was a wire was missing on the bottom board (which is easy to replace) and the square part that is in the recess between the boards is missing on the MQ-2. I couldnt tell if the sizing was off though.

MQ-1:

MQ1-Fett-Helmet2.jpg

MQ-2 casting:
$_57.JPG

Looking at both boards the missing square part seems to be a spacer of some sort which looks to have been taken off anyway.

I am wondering if you would tell as the only bits visible through the slots (especially on the ESB version) do look like they are the same.

I'll have to track down the post you mentioned and have a look as ebay certainly isn't the best place for a decent reference image ;)

I think i might buy an MQ-2 and fit that until i can get hold of an MQ-1. I can compare them side by side then.

Technically i am doing the 1313 version of Boba Fett so it would have been an upgraded (from the plain mesh) Jango Fett helmet, so I imagine I can get away with it as it won't need approval anyway.

I think MQ 1 casts are available pretty readily for what that's worth. I am sure Darth Vorhees or one of the guys does them and don't think they're too pricey.

The Mq-2 is huge compared to the Mq-1, i will post up pictures. that e-bay listed had me thinking that the Mq-2 was pretty, close, when actually they look completely different. i have both so i will post a picture.

Left: MQ-2 Right: MQ-1
20160306_230259.jpg

BACK side
20160306_230316.jpg

I bought two MQ-2 calculators and one did not work, so I moved the pieces around and tried to make it look more like the MQ-1:
20160306_230335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh I thought that might be the case that they were different sizes. That picture off ebay seems to be a cast of an MQ-1 board then rather than an MQ-2 according to your pictures

Those are much higher quality pictures than mine, but really I wanted to show the scale. I may use the upper backside of the MQ2 for my interior and keep the MQ1 intact since those sections are pretty similar. (and mostly covered in bondo anyway)

Yea I bought both of them since the MQ2 is much cheaper. In not sure anyone would notice in the back of a helmet though:

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back