BS prototype dent ?

MandoJude

New Hunter
Hey all. I haven’t posted in years and with the return of Boba on the mandalorian got my itch to get a helmet. Got a good deal on a black series prototype helmet. To me it’s a good blank canvas. The only issue I see in making it a correct color for an ESB helmet paint scheme is it lacks a dent. Any suggestions on adding it?
I watched a video and the mold seems to be the same for both the regular and prototype. The video showed that the inside of the prototype had a bulge where the dent should be. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thank you all
In advance

If you are dead set on getting the proto helmet and adding the dent, I would do something similar to what RafalFett did on his scratchbuild here
Rafal Works Helmet (RWH) v2 Helmet Templates and Build
Just scroll down to see how he added the dent.

The BS helmet does seem like a good base, but it has many shortcomings that you can see here in my thread.
I would highly encourage you to spend a little bit more on a quality cast as a starting point.

If you are dead set on getting the proto helmet and adding the dent, I would do something similar to what RafalFett did on his scratchbuild here

The BS helmet does seem like a good base, but it has many shortcomings that you can see here in my thread.
I would highly encourage you to spend a little bit more on a quality cast as a starting point.
I use to have a great helmet back in the day. Had to move to a smaller house which I thought I was staying in for the long run and then I got stationed here in Washington. Had to sell it to slim down my collection. Now I kick myself in the ass daily about it.
I reason I want the BS helmet is it has a decent interior and the reason for the proto is the regular is hard to find and I can’t spend that type of money on it. I don’t wanna spend a lot on a helmet. I do want screen accuracy but to go that route it would be a lot more than what I wanna spend.

Thank you and please do not take my reply as snarky. I reread it jus now and didn’t want it to come across as snarky or that I’m a cheap ass. Jus have a limited budget to work with. Thank you for the reply

No offense taken at all. I understand the budget aspect. That’s why I wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that in order to get the BS helmet to any level of accuracy, it will require several modifications, as seen in my thread, and will end up costing more in the long run than would a good cast helmet. I would just hate to see anyone purchasing this helmet with certain expectations and then regretting spending the money on it instead of something with better quality. Please note that the proto helmet has the same heinous physical damage texture on it as the ESB version and will need to be sanded down to look decent.

Entertainment Earth had a new listing for the ESB BS helmet the other day, apparently getting more in stock next year if you can be patient. $120.

Also, trying saying "Empire Strikes Back Black Series" three times real fast.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back