Bonding to a white vinyl DP95...what to use?

I Painted my DP95 with Model master enamels after primering it with Krylon Grey primer. Most people will tell you you cant use enamels on vinyl, but I beg to differ. Just strip and wash it up real good. Then primer.

If your paint doesn't stick, get a turkey tin, sit your helmet in it and poor Diosol over it. Diosol can be found at hobby stores in the train supplies. it smells pretty bad. Use in a well ventilated area. Use paper towels to spread and sop up the diosol and rub all over it. It won't hurt the vinyl at all.

BUT if you were to let the Vinyl sit submerged in the stuff.. it will absorb it and your have to wait a few weeks for it to evaporate.

Krylon is enamel, but some enamels have oil based petrolium in it, and it will not dry on a vinyl surface. Krylon happens to be a paint with none of that in it, and Dupli Color is a laquer based paint which is recommended for vinyl.

I am contemplating how to add the hardhat liner to the inside of my DP95.

From where I stand it appears that the best way is to cut the areas of the hardhat with the groove that the liner slides into, score the "outside", score the mating area inside the bucket and superglue then together.

Is this how it has been done before?

Hmm, I guess you could always cut pieces from the middle section where you cut the visor out and epoxy studs up into the helmet where the liner has the holes. Then glue it to that.

I just got foam weatherstriping and coated it with plasti-dip then glued it up inside the helmet. Urg I wish my camra wasnt broke I would show how i did it, I dunno whats wrong with it.

Does it work well for you?

I was thinking about cutting small foam "pods" like the Riddell Fett for my reveal-looking authentic interior.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back