Boba Fett The Mandalorian S2 Brainstorm

ayyHowie

New Hunter
So like a lot of new posts I have seen, fell in Love with Boba’s new look in the Mandalorian. He has been my favorite character since I first saw Star Wars and have decided that yes, I would like to make this happen. SO PLEASE HELP IDK WHERE TO START. I was thinking for the armor I could probably grab some armor and give it a fresh coat... although my new email from BobaMaker suggests that the armor is different somehow... Anyways the armors not important as I’m prolly just gonna try to commission that. It’s the soft parts! His Flightsuit, gloves, flak jacket, shemahg, spats, robe thing, and the gauntlet to jet pack tubes. I have no clue what they are. I have no idea how to even begin looking for this.

Please send help. I’m just a simple man trying to troop as Boba Fett in my community...

So like a lot of new posts I have seen, fell in Love with Boba’s new look in the Mandalorian. He has been my favorite character since I first saw Star Wars and have decided that yes, I would like to make this happen. SO PLEASE HELP IDK WHERE TO START. I was thinking for the armor I could probably grab some armor and give it a fresh coat... although my new email from BobaMaker suggests that the armor is different somehow... Anyways the armors not important as I’m prolly just gonna try to commission that. It’s the soft parts! His Flightsuit, gloves, flak jacket, shemahg, spats, robe thing, and the gauntlet to jet pack tubes. I have no clue what they are. I have no idea how to even begin looking for this.

Please send help. I’m just a simple man trying to troop as Boba Fett in my community...
Hey, can you share more exactly what Bobamaker had to say?

Thanks man! You know anything about his Jetpack?
The Jetpack is a ESB Jetpack. The only difference is that there is yellow detailing that goes around the thrusts of the Jetpack

Attachments

• CB49229E-49A6-4A6E-931D-E9ABAC95FD99.jpeg
    CB49229E-49A6-4A6E-931D-E9ABAC95FD99.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 255
I also noticed, the gloves he’s wearing are the same gloves Mando is wearing, BUT the fingertips are dark brown instead of yellow.

Attachments

• 126C026A-FE3B-4C48-AD80-965EE41162A1.jpeg
    126C026A-FE3B-4C48-AD80-965EE41162A1.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 6DDEB629-D6D0-4A71-BA0E-2FE3B3079D22.jpeg
    6DDEB629-D6D0-4A71-BA0E-2FE3B3079D22.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 32D3F15A-B422-472C-970D-F0F173AF4E80.jpeg
    32D3F15A-B422-472C-970D-F0F173AF4E80.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 320
All I know Is that the chest armor and Jetpack are from ESB and the gauntlets, shoulders and knees are ROTJ.
Well... If you are going for a close look just to troop in, thats an ok statement. If you are going for real screen accuracy, then a more detailed view needs to be taken.

The paint scheme and overall features definately resemble ESB and RotJ just like you discribed. However, those are no straight ESB / RotJ armor pieces. The OT Boba was ABS plastic for example (with the exception of the RotJ gaunt which was fiberglass if i do remember correctly). The Mando series Boba seems to be from an entirely different material thats got no return edge to give impression of thickness but is from a material with the same thickness all the way through. At least thats how it appeared to me. Anyone please correct me if Im wrong.

Also the shapes of the plates are bound to have subtle changes in em.

ayyHowie Its good to know that Bobamaker is working on something in that regard. Thanks!

Well... If you are going for a close look just to troop in, thats an ok statement. If you are going for real screen accuracy, then a more detailed view needs to be taken.

The paint scheme and overall features definately resemble ESB and RotJ just like you discribed. However, those are no straight ESB / RotJ armor pieces. The OT Boba was ABS plastic for example (with the exception of the RotJ gaunt which was fiberglass if i do remember correctly). The Mando series Boba seems to be from an entirely different material thats got no return edge to give impression of thickness but is from a material with the same thickness all the way through. At least thats how it appeared to me. Anyone please correct me if Im wrong.

Also the shapes of the plates are bound to have subtle changes in em.

ayyHowie Its good to know that Bobamaker is working on something in that regard. Thanks!

You are correct! Only the left upper gauntlet shell was fiberglass for ROTJ, the rest were reused/repainted parts from the ESB era. What they try to say in the Mandalorian is that Boba Fett have one set of armor, helmet and jetpack and between important (and demanding) jobs he regularly overpaint all the hard parts. This is indirectly true, because in ROTJ most of the armor parts are repainted/redented ESB era parts (more info here ==> The Fate Of The Twin Armors: Pre-Pro #1, Pre-Pro #3 and ESB). In the OT we have the ESB color scheme, then the ROTJ one (won't mention the SE variants), and in The Mandalorian we have the post Sarlacc ROTJ scheme which was overpainted in ESB/ROTJ colors.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back