Boba Fett Shadows of the Empire Helmet

Bobaf1995

New Hunter
Anyone know of some good reference examples of what a Shadows of the Empire Boba Fett helmet should look like? I was hoping to mod a black series ESB helmet for display and wanted to know what I need to change paint scheme wise. Particularly interested to know what colors to use for the turn signals.

Thanks!

IMG_2934.jpeg

I’m not quite sure what you’re looking to replicate. Do you have some reference images from a Shadows Of Empire comic or video game? All I can say is that it looks like they referenced one of the Pre-production outfits with the red + yellow gauntlets.

CBCBD5FF-D8CE-4C42-B0B2-D940C3880502.jpeg

Probably the best ref, from the magazine cover talking about it. They used the Pre Pro 2 as a reference but, obviously not all the way

20201221_143204.jpg

Rewind to December 3rd 1996. I picked up that Nintendo 64 game of "Shadows of the Empire". The only reason to get that N64 game was for that first Hoth Level, which I played repeatedly, hahaha! The rest of the game I thought was kinda - Meh. Only reason I played through that entire campaign was for the story line which I thought was super interesting. Not too long after that games release they come out with figures and vehicles from that expanded universe. I picked up and still have these.....
Dash Rendar and the Outrider.jpg

Also I had heard that the Outrider can be seen in Episode IV's Special Edition. And I always thought this was it, can anyone confirm?
Outrider in Star Wars Episode IV SE.jpg

Sorry, I didn't mean to dreail this thread - hehe!
:)

Regards,
-Iron

Last edited:
Rewind to December 3rd 1996. I picked up that Nintendo 64 game of "Shadows of the Empire". The only reason to get that N64 game was for that first Hoth Level, which I played repeatedly, hahaha! The rest of the game I thought was kinda - Meh. Only reason I played through that entire campaign was for the story line which I thought was super interesting. Not too long after that games release they come out with figures and vehicles from that expanded universe. I picked up and still have these.....
View attachment 210763

Also I had heard that the Outrider can be seen in Episode IV's Special Edition. And I always thought this was it, can anyone confirm?
View attachment 210764

Sorry, I didn't mean to dreail this thread - hehe!
:)

Regards,
-Iron
That is confirmed, there was a "making shadows of the empire" video where one of the creators confirmed that ship in the SE is the Outrider. They also noted how weird the toys were for having so many differences than what the ship design was in game.

Why would you modify a perfectly good black series helmet into something there’s hardly zero reference for?
I dont know his reasoning... but... as a general thought... why should anyone put effort into recreating a movie costume at all... Theres no outwardly understandable reason needed at all. Or where you commenting on "why take a black series helmet instead of a clean slate"?

I dont know his reasoning... but... as a general thought... why should anyone put effort into recreating a movie costume at all... Theres no outwardly understandable reason needed at all. Or where you commenting on "why take a black series helmet instead of a clean slate"?

Second. A clean slate is much better for a helmet with almost no reference.

I think it's pretty clear how much time and money I've spent on recreating a movie costume where my comment was going. :lol:

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back