Boba Fett post sarlac

Can't you wait for the post sarlac armor to be added to the CRL?

• Of coursee!

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Nahh staying ESB

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Naah staying RotJ

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, there's a lot of weird continuity stuff that doesn't make much sense even beyond the question of aesthetics. I did like his overall appearance better in the last episode insomuch that he looked more finished, but that repaint is very questionable to me. I didn't even notice the ROTJ jetpack in the background but that is very sloppy if his new ESB jetpack also shows the Jawa repair. I had just assumed he had either repainted his ROTJ pack or had the ESB pack stashed somewhere.

Yeah, there's a lot of weird continuity stuff that doesn't make much sense even beyond the question of aesthetics. I did like his overall appearance better in the last episode insomuch that he looked more finished, but that repaint is very questionable to me. I didn't even notice the ROTJ jetpack in the background but that is very sloppy if his new ESB jetpack also shows the Jawa repair. I had just assumed he had either repainted his ROTJ pack or had the ESB pack stashed somewhere.

I never noticed the second jetpack at all

I think the repaint isn’t awful but it leaves so much to be desired.

I also think people like it because cosplaying and CRLing will be easier than your ESB/ROTJ/Se NOT because they actually think it’s better.

I suspect the jetpack issue is a continuity/prop error. In the episode, it may be meant to be the same, single jetpack he got back from Din that was with Cobb earlier. In that scene with them finding out which planet Mayfeld wants to go to, and later when you see Boba in the pilot seat, he is also wearing the ammo belt he wore in The Tragedy. For the rest of the episode, he has a new belt with pouches and (the one time you see him wearing it) the green jetpack. My guess is the cockpit scenes and the part where you see his ROTJ colored jetpack were filmed the same day, likely separated from the scene of him walking down the ramp with the green jetpack by days or even weeks. I personally believe it is meant to be the same jetpack, they just mixed up which was the correct one in that interior shot.

And I am one who actually kinda likes the new look (partly because it reminds me of the old Kenner figure). But yeah, part of it is definitely that it looks way easier (to put on and sit down in). I have a full ROTJ suit already but am considering switching for those reasons.

I also think people like it because cosplaying and CRLing will be easier than your ESB/ROTJ/Se NOT because they actually think it’s better.

Ya I could see that being the case. That would be like letting my son who is almost 5 go ahead and paint my boba fett for me hahaha

I’m actually in the process of scaling down a 3D printable helmet for him because he’s absolutely obsessed with my helmet

That is awesome.

The last time I actually went out with the whole suit on, my son was almost two (he's nine now), but I'd put the helmet on and took it off several times the week before just to get him used to it being me. The event was my nephew's birthday party, and when I walked into the area with all the kids, everyone's jaw dropped (including my stepsister), but my son ran up and announced, "THAT'S MY PAPA!!!" He had such pride and I was so thankful to be wearing a helmet to obscure my cryface.

My daughter knows his real name, but she refers to the character as "Papa Fett".

Last edited:
Both jetpacks are there (can see ROTJ on the ground in back) but they used the same mold for both so now both packs have repairs clearly visible?? Like they didn’t even try to hide it...

Yep, in the scene when they are departing the scrapyard, while you see the first interior view of Slave 1 rotating, you'll see the ROTJ pack from the center to the 4 o'clock direction, right there on the floor.

I've also noticed before that scene, while Boba was turning around when Din was walking down the ramp, you could see the repainted jetpack silhouette with the "patched" panel on, just repainted in ESB fashion.

That is awesome.

The last time I actually went out with the whole suit on, my son was almost two (he's nine now), but I'd put the helmet on and took it off several times the week before just to get him used to it being me. The event was my nephew's birthday party, and when I walked into the area with all the kids, everyone's jaw dropped (including my stepsister), but my son ran up and announced, "THAT'S MY PAPA!!!" He had such pride and I was so thankful to be wearing a helmet to obscure my cryface.

My daughter knows his real name, but she refers to the character as "Papa Fett".

That’s awesome man! One of the most wholesome things I’ve heard all day!

Yep, in the scene when they are departing the scrapyard, while you see the first interior view of Slave 1 rotating, you'll see the ROTJ pack from the center to the 4 o'clock direction, right there on the floor.

I've also noticed before that scene, while Boba was turning around when Din was walking down the ramp, you could see the repainted jetpack silhouette with the "patched" panel on, just repainted in ESB fashion.
Sorry, I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying you can see both jetpacks in the same shot?
That’s awesome man! One of the most wholesome things I’ve heard all day!
Thank you. Definitely my best trooping day. :)

Well, I don't think this will be that easy: the final version is painted over the damaged areas:
Post ROTJ Evolution.png

That is awesome.

What a great moment!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back