Boba Fett post sarlac

Can't you wait for the post sarlac armor to be added to the CRL?

• Of coursee!

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Nahh staying ESB

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Naah staying RotJ

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But he never painted again after that and had let it weather. No repaint even for the Empire job. So why now? They drastically changed the look as they did with Vader in ROTS. Why change it that much? I know Vader was Lucas' original vision but do Filoni and Favrea have their reasoning?
As mentioned before, the "fresh start" idea seems reasonable to me. Your mileage may vary.

I just this Star Wars as a whole has been messed with so much over the years and changing the things that have been tried and true doesn’t make sense with me especially with such an iconic character and I honestly think the paint job was their way of making Boba Fett their own character now and not what George Lucas had ever intended for Boba to be.

And someone said that we might see a "cleanup" of his armor in this episode or the next. I didn't expect it to be that soon and THAT different.

Good thing is, if someone tries to make that version of the costume, it will be way easier to paint. ;)

Smile.JPGSmile 2.JPG

Re: Fett removing his helmet, from a TV story point of view, there’s really only room for one mysterious character who almost never shows their face... and that spot is obviously taken.

Is the clean armor as visually interesting as what we’re used to? Nope. But I’m enjoying the evolution in and of itself.

More please!

I think the black flak vest more than anything threw me off, even more so than the lack of weathering on the armor. However, I honestly thought that Slave I stole the show in this latest episode. That ship is now on par with the Falcon. And that scene where it shows inside the hull when it shifts from landing to fight mode... sheer cinematic genius I too will be interested to see if there are multiple armors/packs. All the back and forth between versions seems a massive overlook for someone as detail oriented as Filoni.

If you close up on the helmet it looks like he just painted over the old damage with zero sanding

Ya I can see that I also think it’s interesting that the helmet looks more ROTJ lacking the physical damage on the helmet of the ESB but the ears are painted in the ESB style and the colors of the helmet resemble ESB as well or at least to my eye they do.

I can see the ROTJ but it does have a splash of ESB in it as well with some cool new features on it as well it might be the only thing I like with this new Fett
Yeah I’m still trying to picture in my mind Fett sitting there painting the little details of the ESB-style ears lol Unless the ears are detachable and he had the original pair laying around...haha

Yeah I’m still trying to picture in my mind Fett sitting there painting the little details of the ESB-style ears lol Unless the ears are detachable and he had the original pair laying around...haha

True haha I never thought about it like that I also think it would be a bit strange that he would have multiple sets of armor as well because he got the armor from his father but I guess it would be possible that he has over the years slayed other mandolorians and took their armor but I’m not sure lol

Whoever is in charge of the Boba suit for this show seems to have their head straight up their arse...

Timewise Boba could have only been in the Sarlacc for a couple days/weeks if his armor was already in the sandcrawler by the time Cob got to it. So really it shouldn’t be so worn imho.. RIP ROTJ
It’s supposed to be Jango’s armor.. which we see on the gauntlets is a flamethrower unit in EII, and yet they turn it into a double blaster??
Chest lights look like a Cylon and far more gimmicky
And now they’re seemingly covering for why ESB and ROTJ look different because his new ugly matte paintjob is chipping already? I guess “Oh he just repaints it all the time, lol”

I wasn’t a big fan of the acid etched armor, but that was still 100x better than this hideous matte garbage... The originals have an oily “sheen” to them that helped add so much realism to the look.
Gauntlets are HUGE
Both jetpacks are there (can see ROTJ on the ground in back) but they used the same mold for both so now both packs have repairs clearly visible?? Like they didn’t even try to hide it...

Oh and his rangefinder insert is just.. completely missing in all scenes in the new episode and you can even see the hollow up where it sits.
Enjoy that mess of a CRL 501st guys

Whoever is in charge of the Boba suit for this show seems to have their head straight up their arse...

Timewise Boba could have only been in the Sarlacc for a couple days/weeks if his armor was already in the sandcrawler by the time Cob got to it. So really it shouldn’t be so worn imho.. RIP ROTJ
It’s supposed to be Jango’s armor.. which we see on the gauntlets is a flamethrower unit in EII, and yet they turn it into a double blaster??
Chest lights look like a Cylon and far more gimmicky
And now they’re seemingly covering for why ESB and ROTJ look different because his new ugly matte paintjob is chipping already? I guess “Oh he just repaints it all the time, lol”

I wasn’t a big fan of the acid etched armor, but that was still 100x better than this hideous matte garbage... The originals have an oily “sheen” to them that helped add so much realism to the look.
Gauntlets are HUGE
Both jetpacks are there (can see ROTJ on the ground in back) but they used the same mold for both so now both packs have repairs clearly visible?? Like they didn’t even try to hide it...

Oh and his rangefinder insert is just.. completely missing in all scenes in the new episode and you can even see the hollow up where it sits.
Enjoy that mess of a CRL 501st guys

I could not agree more I just hate when you mess with something that has been tried and true! The only thing that was okay to me was his new blaster but that’s absolutely it

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back