Boba Fett ESB Armor Stencils

looks like some grimy black on a rag was rubbed on there ;)

I don't know, maybe, but it looks pretty green to me. and its right where the inside stock greebs would rub up against the armor. maybe it's just me but i personally do not think it is an intentional detail.
blackorgreen.JPG

Same spot as the rubbed off paint on ROTJ which shows the ESB paint.... It is more then likely black if its the stock greebs paint rubbing off onto the green of the armor. Which we know they were painted so its probably black.

Definitely not a rag. It is spotty. Could just be greeblies rubbing off the grey over spray. They are actually a bit different from the Right Breast Plate Green splotches in that those are definitely under the grey overspray. Though those very bottom spots on the RBP look similar. Hmmm...

Same spot as the rubbed off paint on ROTJ which shows the ESB paint.... It is more then likely black if its the stock greebs paint rubbing off onto the green of the armor. Which we know they were painted so its probably black.

i dont think it's the paint on greebs rubbing off at all, rather the greebs are rubbing off a top layer of added weathering exposing a bit of the base green. I'm not any sort of ROTJ expert but i do know that there are painted stock greebs on the ROTJ EE3 as well. so going off your idea, they should have rubbed greeb paint off on the armor yet we see the lighter green of the covered color instead. IDK, its just my opinion on how i see things or maybe just how i want to see things lol :D

Are these ment to be cut down and airbrush? or just as reference for paint?
I ask because there are some small "islands"that would fall off the stencil.
Amazing work!

Was there a change at some point regarding the knee colors? The current 501st requirements specify that the left knee color match the left shoulder color

Was there a change at some point regarding the knee colors? The current 501st requirements specify that the left knee color match the left shoulder color
Yes, there were multiple updates made to the ESB and ROTJ CRLs this past year and a half, to align more with the on-screen and film era references.

First, the PMS colors posted on any of the CRLs are in no way a requirement, in fact, it states "similar to PMS....", so a bit more like guidelines.

B. The ESB CRL states two different colors for the left knee and left shoulder.... PMS 116U vs 2013U. Did you mean the right knee and shoulder?

iii The right knee and shoulder are very, very close in color and not at all the same yellow as the left side. Not exact down to the molecular level but so close that they share the same color recommendation, again, as a guideline. Keep in mind that finishing will certainly alter things and give the right shoulder a bit of a shift compared to the right knee.

This thread began over 8 years ago, may be time to update it.

B. The ESB CRL states two different colors for the left knee and left shoulder.... PMS 116U vs 2013U. Did you mean the right knee and shoulder?

I got dinged on my left knee because it was the orange color of the right shoulder/knee. Granted, I've been living in a hole for the past two years so I am certainly to blame for not getting approval in a timely manner.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back