Boba Fett ESB Armor Stencils

I have been scouring the gallery for shots of the ESB knees and I've only been able to find a few that are at bad angles, too small, or far too grainy to see. I'm not quite sure how to use these templates either as I feel if I were to mask it off and do a layer of Sienna it would look far too high contrast and not anything near the few images I have. Are these mostly meant to be a locator for where to mist in the Sienna with the yellow?

The color combination on the Knees are the same as on the right Shoulder and the Sienna looks like it's misted. I never painted this way, but I think you can use the color separation for the Sienna color to partially mask it then mist the rest of the paint.

Sienna Mask And Mist.jpg

You can also use the PrePro 3 images as a model because the paint and scratches are almost the same as on the ESB.

Hi mate, found your post after your advice on my armour. Just need to find a rattlecan colour list now. Is the green for the armour the same green as the dome on the helmet (Tamiya Field Grey)?

It's close but not the same. You might ask someone who actually did painted ESB style (sadly not me... yet). And to see the differences between the ROTJ and ESB armor colors.... Just check out this image:

ESB To ROTJ 03.jpg

ATTENTION!!!
------------------
Those who have the ESB armor in work and use these stencils, please stop your work! I'm reworking some parts of the ESB armor due to some color mistakes (especially on the knees and the collar plate, where the yellow color was removed) while other changes reffer to some areas of the armor, like the scratch on the lower center part of the abdominal plate, while the right shoulder bell (along with the knee pads) brown color template will have a misted-like contour.

Armor General View.jpg

Note that the knee pads are not changed in the image because are still in work. I hope to finish all until the end of this week.

Sorry for the confusion and the delay!

The first post was updated with the redone Chest Plates & Center Diamond files, while the Abdominal Plate and Cod Piece files were heavily modified to achieve better stencils that replicate the ESB Hero armor.

If I were to print these out for my specific set of armor I would have to change the percentage to get it to fit correctly? I am going off of WOFs medium armor for a 5'8" person.
I am totally illiterate when it comes to things like this. What would I have to set the printer up for?

If I were to print these out for my specific set of armor I would have to change the percentage to get it to fit correctly? I am going off of WOFs medium armor for a 5'8" person.
I am totally illiterate when it comes to things like this. What would I have to set the printer up for?

The stencils were made using WOF's large armor templates and if I'm not mistaking, on his armor template thread he mentions about the percentage needed to achieve the size differences. You can unzip the armor parts and with an image editor you can resize each page (you might try to reduce the file size to 95% then increase/decrese it with 1% to your need). Always print out one page and compare it with your armor part, then if needed, resize the file and print it again for a quick compare. Do this until you have a perfect fit.

=====UPDATE=====

The exact percentage is 4%, which means that you need to reduce the stencil files to 96% to fit the medium size templates.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said that you want to build your armor using WOF's medium templates, and your question was how to fit these stencils to your armor size. My stencils were made using WOF's large armor templates as a base, and the difference between the large and the medium templates is 4%; this means that you need to reduce the stencils with 4% to fit exactly your medium sized armor.

Just updated the first post with new stencils. These 'new' stencils are basically the same stencils, but were made to fit my WIP templates, which are closer in shape (but the size is mostly the same to WOF's large armor templates) to the real armor. This doesn't mean that I deleted the stencils that fits WOF's large armor templates, I just moved them below my template version stencils.

Have fun!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back