Boba fett and vader costumes from icons of darkness in la

Theboba

New Hunter
Hi everyone i recently went to a new installation called icons of darkness in la. Its a pop up museum with tons of screen used costumes. They had boba, it was awesome to say the least,not sure where this boba is from or made by . Also there next to him was the vader. From what the sign says vader was used for promotional touring
20211121_120631.jpg
20211121_120635.jpg
20211121_120719.jpg
20211121_120706.jpg
20211121_120701.jpg
20211121_120626.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool display. Unfortunately that Boba Fett is a replica - I believe the life size Don Post Studios replica?
Im not sure if it is. The guide told us it was the suit used for the press release along with the vader suit. I haven't seen the don posts one to compare it to this one yet but maybe it is

Last edited:
Mainly commenting to follow this thread, but since I need to comment anyways, I might as well try to say something useful.

Not an expert, Steven boba87fett is, so everything I say needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, I dont know of any suit used in an "official" role (untill AotC obviously) that wasnt derived from the original sculpts. And this here suit very obviously is not derived from the original sculpts. The plates are an entirely different shape with lots of rounded edges where there should be pointy edges. Also they are proportioned falsely (granted, that could also be due to a wrongly sized flak vest and mannequin.

Mainly commenting to follow this thread, but since I need to comment anyways, I might as well try to say something useful.

Not an expert, Steven boba87fett is, so everything I say needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, I dont know of any suit used in an "official" role (untill AotC obviously) that wasnt derived from the original sculpts. And this here suit very obviously is not derived from the original sculpts. The plates are an entirely different shape with lots of rounded edges where there should be pointy edges. Also they are proportioned falsely (granted, that could also be due to a wrongly sized flak vest and mannequin.
Ah i see. Thats a bummer. I was excited over the idea it could be that suit. Im going to change the title and info then so its not misleading.

100% Don Post. One of the most recognizable high end licensed Boba Fett pieces ever made. Lucasfilm had it in their lobby (I believe they switched it with Sideshow's), it was on the Boba Fett Legacy Special at Rancho-Obi-wan, it was even in Fan Boys.

I remember seeing it at a local comic book shop growing up. The first few released had way better paint jobs than the later numbered pieces. Even so with bad paint applications, inaccuracies, etc it's hard to mistaken this for anything else. Only cool thing about this piece now all the years later is Jeremy Bulloch went and let Don Post take a life size body cast for it! Crazy to think this at the time retailed per article RafalFett and Art Andrews posted for $5,500!

100% Don Post. One of the most recognizable high end licensed Boba Fett pieces ever made. Lucasfilm had it in their lobby (I believe they switched it with Sideshow's), it was on the Boba Fett Legacy Special at Rancho-Obi-wan, it was even in Fan Boys.

I remember seeing it at a local comic book shop growing up. The first few released had way better paint jobs than the later numbered pieces. Even so with bad paint applications, inaccuracies, etc it's hard to mistaken this for anything else. Only cool thing about this piece now all the years later is Jeremy Bulloch went and let Don Post take a life size body cast for it! Crazy to think this at the time retailed per article RafalFett and Art Andrews posted for $5,500!
Thats awesome. I didn't know this info. Very cool!

"Youre really gonna do that? :D"

absolutely!, a professional production house would never produce garbage like this for a studio,
the pre pro promo version is a 100 times better than this! shocking that it is being displayed as such!

Recent video interview with Don Post, where he goes into some detail about how they went to the LFM archives to get info for the Boba Fett (and the other life size statues they did). He talks about modifying the unseen portions of the shin tools, getting a leather smith to do the belt pouches for him, etc.

It really is a very ugly replica.

While not screen accurate and off in so many details, I can attest that at the time, this thing was AWESOME. More so than the stormtrooper. It's only those of us nerds and geeks here who would even notice that it's not accurate to the SE or ROTJ Fett.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back