Bluish tint to jango's vest?

obi sean kenobi

Well-Known Hunter
Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading/re-doing certain parts of my Jango. (this is like my fourth or fifth time LOL):facepalm :facepalm :puke

As always the colors of the soft parts are difficult to pin down.:confused I know that we've established the vest to be a charcoal gray (grey) leather. (btw - I think the same gray leather was used on Panaka and Padme's flight vests in the first scene of AOTC - see the VD)

However, there apears to be subtle hints of other colors in there (blues?). I can't tell from the ref. cd.

I know Turo used acrylic washes on his vest to alter the color. Anyone know if he used a blue wash, and if so, what color exactly? What other colors were used?

Also, around the 'arm holes' of the vest, the leather appears to be worn. Any idea on what paints to use to achieve this effect?

Thanks!:cheers
OSK

My jump suit also seems a tad too dark....but sometimes its the flash and lightings (seems like blue is a problematic color on photos).

jangosuit.gif

This seeems a bit better.....
jangosuitcorrect.gif

Attachments

• jangosuit.gif
    jangosuit.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 216
  • jangosuitcorrect.gif
    jangosuitcorrect.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 206
I'll post the colors i used tommorow. But for now here's the images i always used for reference. On my newest vest i airbrushed my colors in to give it the dust look to it. I know for the brown look to it I used the "dirt color or mud color paints" the same brand that i bought for the Boba Fett armor colors. Same company.

Here's the images of the real Jango

vest1.jpg

vest3.jpg

vest4.jpg

vest2.jpg

vest5.jpg

hmm..seeker master, so u reckon i could do something abt my jumpsuit?? I dunnnoe wad i could do....weather it with paint?? thats the first time i heard!!

pls post some guides!!!

And on to the armor, I was wondering if i should STICK them on the vest or attach them with some kindsa snaps...the real deal seems to have the armor STUCK on to the vest

my two cents on what i see,

i believe the vest is navy blue, and the charcol gray that appears "worn" or "weathered" is r&B polish. I really believe the armor was polished attached to the suit as well as "antiqued" or "black washed" thus creating discolorization to the flak vest! or simply by getting wet and paint smuging, things like that. if you notice the silver areas are at high spots "creases" not in tha crevases! with an orbital buffer going over the armor attached to the vest on a manni, sure make sense why the appearance of the vest looks gray!

just a therory

and for the jump suit...i dont know if anyone has ever got canvas wet, or that sort from cloth world etc....it fades pretty fast! i got some navy colored one time it truned purple when it got wet and washed a few times. at times it looked gray and time it looked blue w/ a hint of a purple hue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a contact who worked on AOTC, he tells me that the Jango helmet and armour were made using fibreglass with an aluminium bound gelcoat, this means that the gelcoat contains real aluminium powder. In order to polish the surface you need to rub it with a fine wire wool, this creates a fine black powder that naturally produces a great weathered look, this may be the dust that is seen on the flightsuit.

I've done a test Boba bucket using this Aluminium based gelcoat and it turned out awesome! it really looks and feels like metal.

I only have this guy's word of coarse, but I'm more than happy with the test helmet that I've done.:)

FOIOOO said:
my two cents on what i see,

i believe the vest is navy blue, and the charcol gray that appears "worn" or "weathered" is r&B polish. I really believe the armor was polished attached to the suit as well as "antiqued" or "black washed" thus creating discolorization to the flak vest! or simply by getting wet and paint smuging, things like that. if you notice the silver areas are at high spots "creases" not in tha crevases! with an orbital buffer going over the armor attached to the vest on a manni, sure make sense why the appearance of the vest looks gray!

just a therory

and for the jump suit...i dont know if anyone has ever got canvas wet, or that sort from cloth world etc....it fades pretty fast! i got some navy colored one time it truned purple when it got wet and washed a few times. at times it looked gray and time it looked blue w/ a hint of a purple hue.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back