Blaster finished / firing test

FettHam

New Hunter
Finished my blaster mod. Installed an Electronics123 sound board and fitted USB/battery to rear. Cheese... yes. But I enjoyed the build and experience.

Here's the first test at the firing range aka soundbar

BF blaster.jpg

FettHam

New Hunter
Thanks, I'll probably black them up later on. I was sick of looking at the thing by this point.

I think the way he holds it angled down will also help hide them.

FettHam - Is that a Rubies EE-3? A bit small in my opinion, but I also have one that I got simply to try and paint on. I followed this guys tutorial for painting it up:
He did a pretty amazing job on his - and he's a bit more entertaining to watch. Did you bore out the scope and barrel of the blaster? Also did you remove the screws on the stock and bog up screw holes? I did! I also eliminated any small gaps where you can see the plastic halves coming apart with Loctite.

(y)

I picked up a full size ROTJ EE-3 kit and am waiting to receive it.

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:

FettHam

New Hunter
Irongladiator yes it's a Rubie's. I did watch his video, nice job he done especially in a day!

I had to take the whole thing to bits to fit the USB circuit board into the stock a route the cables. So I sanded/filled all the seams and holes when I was on. The scope is an real scope, so I had to slightly cut into the top to make it fit. Not sure it was worth it haha but I done it mostly to gain some experience.

Nice one, where did you pick that up from?

Irongladiator yes it's a Rubie's. I did watch his video, nice job he done especially in a day!

I had to take the whole thing to bits to fit the USB circuit board into the stock a route the cables. So I sanded/filled all the seams and holes when I was on. The scope is an real scope, so I had to slightly cut into the top to make it fit. Not sure it was worth it haha but I done it mostly to gain some experience.

Nice one, where did you pick that up from?
FettHam - Nice on the "Real" scope! I also picked up a real scope for my kit so that it looks a bit more authentic too. (I had thought that wasn't the Rubies Scope on it. ;) )

-Iron

Last edited:
FettHam
I realized I didn't tell you where I got the ROTJ EE-3 kit from. I got it from an Etsy builder who calls herself "AprilStormProps". she's out of Australia and is selling them for $105 for a DIY kit. Here is the link:
She also offers a built and painted kit for $205.00. I have no problem building it myself and painting it up, so I opt'd for the $105 DIY kit. The thing I like about her kit is that she uses a commercial printer and it is made out of ABS Plastic as opposed to consumer PLA. Which ABS is said to offer more durability and sand way easier than PLA. I have a PLA Jetpack kit that's on the way that I'm NOT looking forward to prepping/sanding. I have heard of this stuff called XTC-3D, which is supposed to work wonders when trying to cover up those pesky 3-D Print lines, so I may give that a look.

And again, I have a real scope that I acquired from Amazon that I intend to install on it. The scope I picked up is a Hatsan Optima 4X20 Scope. Here is the link:
(BTW I paid $9.99 for this, I now see it is $18.98......I musta got it on sale or something)

Will it be an screen accurate representation of the ROTJ EE-3? Probably not.......but I think it is very close and not a bad buy for $115.00 all in.

Thanks,
-Iron