Bicycle for chest lights

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
I have been looking high and low for the Bicycle safety light that TK409 describes on his site. I can't even find it online. I bought some other brand, but it seems too large and the chase sequence is really fast, so it might look a little weird. Has anyone come across the correct one and if so where? Has anyone upgraded to one of the better ones that wants to get rid of their Bicycle one?
Thanks!

D'oh! Yeah, it's Bell, not Bicycle (they make the playing cards - it's for a bicycle). :p

Anyway, thanks. I have a Walmart not too far and will check it out. If I don't find it there maybe I can let you know ZR - then if you happen to be going by yours maybe you can snag one for me?

yeah, just sometimes you get shafted into buying front and back lights, I'm using a shcwinn one, its not the same shape but its what i have and will put off the same effect. on that note, schwinn has totally gone down the crapper.

Rats, bought the only Bell safety light they had at WalMart but it's not the right one, the 5 lights are not even in a row :p

I see from the video on TK409's site that one I bought (not by Bell) has the wrong chase pattern, plus it goes way too fast.

Sending you a PM Zombie.

The one I used I got from Circuit City, but the thing never works for me during troops. It will work all day long at home but craps out at events. So I bought a "Body Billboard" LED name tag that I am going to try to use. $10 at Wal-Mart.
Mark

The one I used I got from Circuit City, but the thing never works for me during troops. It will work all day long at home but craps out at events. So I bought a "Body Billboard" LED name tag that I am going to try to use. $10 at Wal-Mart.
Mark
I'll have to look at that... what section would I find it in?

I've seen at Chevron gas stations they have these funky party lights that pin to your clothes with little shapes like: guitars, chili-pepers, ect. The light sequence and speed is pretty close. Also they only run off watch batteries. That's what I had before I invested in TK409 lights. And yes, the bike lights are to fast!

I've seen at Chevron gas stations they have these funky party lights that pin to your clothes with little shapes like: guitars, chili-pepers, ect. The light sequence and speed is pretty close. Also they only run off watch batteries. That's what I had before I invested in TK409 lights. And yes, the bike lights are to fast!
I thought that the bike lights were too fast too. I may upgrade to the TK409 lights later :)

Hey I made mines with a pair of cheap lights all in all it costed me only 2 bucks with stencils and batterries. My lights have 6 sequences all I had to do was find the best setting for the best look.

Hey BlueRam, wondering what section the Body Billboard mmight be in at WalMart. May try to pick on up this weekend so I can finish the armor.

I've been using a bike safety light on my ROTJ suit for years! I know you can really see the proper pattern of lights on the ESB suit, but onscreen you really can't even tell the ROTJ suit even had them at all. This Sears bike light was what everyone was using "back in the day" for Boba lights before the real ones from TK409 and Shackman were created.

So, the reason still I'm using them (on the random pattern) is because lots of people at conventions over the years have told me that seeing those little bright lights flashing from across the convention hall is what brought them over to check out my costume. Another thing is, from what others have told me, the TK409 and Shackman lights only get about 4-5 hours use before your battery is dead. With that bike safety light, it runs on 2 AAA batteries (self contained on the unit) that I've only changed twice in over 7 years of costuming with that suit.....probably 80 events or more. I've even forgotten to turn them off once and opened my costume tub a few days later and they were still going. That alone makes them cool. :lol:

Are they movie accurate? No. But they get noticed at conventions, which people seem to enjoy.

you don't have to buy the "Bell" brand
There are several hundred on ebay
look under Bicycle lights
or 5 LED bicycle lights
lots of cheap Buy IT Now lights o

The body billboard, how would you get this to work would you program it to just run through a sequence and just put a transperency (no idea how to spell it) over it?

I saw that, but do you still use a transperency? or can you actually program in the Boba sequence? I have never really looked at the sequence, since I havent been ready to get to that part till now.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back