Bib Fortuna costume progress

Bib Fortuna complete

After completing Fett, I wanted to do a character that was a little different from the normal ones you would see trooping, haven't seen any photos of any Bibs anywhere (believe me, I have looked but please feel free to correct me).

Seems that the costume won't be too difficult to replicate, the headpiece will be the most difficult part.

Here is a pic of a bust that I have made. Still a little rough and will need smoothing out in places, plan on casting moulds from it (various pieces) and constructing latex parts.

DSC_6858.jpg

The lekku are going to be cast separately.

Any tips, critiques welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome start bruv!
You have some skulpting skills there... :eek:
Can't wait to see how this turns out

Bib Fortuna is one of my top favorites! I want that costume :eek:. I will be watching this thread closely, great job man.

Dougie....you have an awesome Fett now your right back at working on an awesome Bib!! You amaze me and can't wait to see it get all together. Really cool stuff!:cheers

If I remember correctly, a plaster mold can be used for casting latex. Pour in latex, swish it around, and pour out the excess and repeat after it dries. DO NOT make an alginate mold. They have a shelf life of only a few hours! Look around on Smooth-On.com as I'm sure they have a more modern material you could use that should be easier to cast and last longer. Nice sculpt - BTW!

If I remember correctly, a plaster mold can be used for casting latex. Pour in latex, swish it around, and pour out the excess and repeat after it dries. DO NOT make an alginate mold. They have a shelf life of only a few hours! Look around on Smooth-On.com as I'm sure they have a more modern material you could use that should be easier to cast and last longer. Nice sculpt - BTW!

Thanks for the advice, have looked at using maybe rubber urethane for the overall cast.

Have taken on board the advice given and will be making plaster moulds.

Have constructing the basic shape of the lekku, I only plan on making one to cast from.
There isn't really any differences between the two except for the scar tissue on the front lekku.

Sorry bud, I mean the other 'thin' end. I watch the Jabba part of ROTJ today and noticed that they were attached to his shoulders on the outer coat garment, this is most obvious when he leans forward to inform Jabba that Luke has arrived.

Sorry Rob, yes I'll probably just use a small piece of velcro underneath or just a safety pin.

The lekku look much longer in the Phantom Menace (wrapped around each other) but I want to achieve the ROTJ look.

Sculpted the basic shape of the lekku.
Basically a stocking filled with foam, wrapped in plaster bandages and coated with oil clay.
Will need to be refined slightly when it dries completely. From research, have found that the lekku are quite rough around the edges anyway.
I'll add scar tissue to the front lekku at later stage. The idea is to make a plaster mould and slush with latex, foam will be added to give it structure and shape.
The wider end of the cast will be open so that I can form thinner edges to blend to the headpiece.

Lekku.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back