Best Din Djarin helmets?

Hi! I ended here looking for a Mando helmet.
Lot of possibilities...

I have not seen anyone talking about Marcus Studio Props. https://www.instagram.com/marcus_studio_props/

I was interested in Nomad Props, but have not received a response for a few days. Can anyone tell me if Marcus Studio Props sounds like a good option? He use the Great Ape Studios 3D design for the shape and Alumaluster for the painting.

Was there ever a “definitive” answer for this? Or did it end up semi-accepted that most makers are using the same (general) files from GreatApe, and as such, most will be splitting hairs with each other?

I’ve spent what feels like a lifetime running through comparasions, seeing how each helmet sits on different builds, comparing dimensions/proportions, and the only ones that seem to have truly unique dimensions that differ from the GreatApe proportions, are FAC/Moncal and Anovos/Denuo Novo. The Anovos/Denuo Novo is “slimmer” and has a longer visor. FAC is sculpted based on reference material with unique dimensions, per Kathy/Cal, but I haven’t seen a thread where the FAC helmet is used in a full build yet.

Nomad apparently did minor tweaks to the GA proportions, but he isn’t producing them anymore, so I can’t be sure. Redman, Stark, MonsterFD (Etsy), and other makers that most in the community use, all use the GA files - per their documentation. JSIN says he uses the GA files and keeps the same proportions but brings the sizing down slightly so it’s generally shorter by a little bit.

All of these vendors have helmets that have passed the CRL for at least one build, so it seems safe to say that any will work for acceptance, no?

It would be awesome to discuss/determine differences of any given vendor based on what would work best for someone’s head shape, body size (for scaling), etc.

I think that may be what really helps sell the fitment of a particular vendor’s helmet over another.

Not sure if there’s a definitive comparison - but some of us have owned most of the production helmets (EFX, Anovos, etc) as well as helmets by Jsin, Jon Stark, HDC, Nomad Props, etc. and have weighed in with our personal thoughts on each.

For my money (and I’ve spent stupid amounts on this suit) I’m still a fan of Nomad’s helmet - I have 2. I sold my jsin and others.

It’s the most solid and clean construction I’ve found (inside and out). Not sure if it’s the definitive, screen-accurate version, but I’m very happy with it. Paint jobs are amazing as well.
1FE9A94F-5480-438C-9609-59C0EE6FBCF6.jpeg

Not sure if there’s a definitive comparison - but some of us have owned most of the production helmets (EFX, Anovos, etc) as well as helmets by Jsin, Jon Stark, HDC, Nomad Props, etc. and have weighed in with our personal thoughts on each.

For my money (and I’ve spent stupid amounts on this suit) I’m still a fan of Nomad’s helmet - I have 2. I sold my jsin and others.

It’s the most solid and clean construction I’ve found (inside and out). Not sure if it’s the definitive, screen-accurate version, but I’m very happy with it. Paint jobs are amazing as well.
View attachment 224892

Thanks for the reply! Apart from the Nomad's better finishing, is there anything different about the shape vs JSIN, Stark / HDC? Anovos is slightly longer overall than the others too, right?

I'm working to try and gather a better understanding of the differences between makers without having to buy every single one, but if that's the only route then so be it.

I would love to grab a Nomad helmet but I messaged Sean and sadly he's not doing full commissions anymore - only small sporadic runs of helmets by themselves :(

Thanks for the reply! Apart from the Nomad's better finishing, is there anything different about the shape vs JSIN, Stark / HDC? Anovos is slightly longer overall than the others too, right?

I'm working to try and gather a better understanding of the differences between makers without having to buy every single one, but if that's the only route then so be it.

I would love to grab a Nomad helmet but I messaged Sean and sadly he's not doing full commissions anymore - only small sporadic runs of helmets by themselves :(
The main differences were in terms of quality. I don't want to appear being nitpicky of others' work - especially because these makers are all obviously at the top of their game - so if you'd like details on the different helmets, DM me.

There were a couple that felt flimsy and also had warped/pinched mandibles that maybe others wouldn't notice, but bothered me.

I was looking for size to fit my large noggin but also not look too large, a quality, durable build that would last many years of troops, and a finished paint job that looked screen-accurate. Nomad fit the bill for the criteria. I have two from Sean, a weathered version and clean version.

I will say that judging by the pics, Marcus looks promising.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back