Assembling a 3D printed helmet - best glued/method recommendations?

barcslay

New Hunter
Hey guys! I’m building my first bucket - doing a 3D printed file that I’ve split into 4 parts. I’m not new to prop making, but I’ve never put a helmet together. I’ve done a search here and on google and have found a few different methods; I just wanted to get an idea of what you guys are doing these days for 3D prints.

What do y’all recommend for attaching the 4 quadrants if the helmet? CA glue, 5 min epoxy, soldering iron welding trick? Other?

Also, with those of you who’ve done 3D printed helmets, do you recommend fiberglassing the inside afterwards?

Thanks for any help! :)

I try to line things up with CA glue first and then do the soldring iron welding from the inside.
This is kind of what I was thinking based on what I’ve read - the soldering iron welding seems to be pretty strong! Going to practice on some test pieces today.

Thank you!

ive done a few now with JBWeld on the seams. works great. i dropped one helmet once and it cracked one of the cheeks off, but all the seams were perfectly fine. just used JBWeld to put the cheek back on and voila. i did just use fiberglass for the first time on my latest BoBF helmet anf then sealed it all up inside with spray on flex seal so it woulnt be all scratchy. i like it so far.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back