Armor-Fiberglass or Plastic

Thanks very much to all those that contributed to my question. I found this discussion very informative, thanks.

Combatbaby, you stated that rubber was good for the cod piece. I'm curious to know why you think that? I understand the pros and cons behind the rubber knees, just wondering for some input on the cod.

- Hollywood

I have had more comfort squatting with a rubber cod piece than a fiberglass or plastic one.

It holds the details perfectly, and doesn't ever cut into me. Plus I don't have to worry about it snapping or cracking on me.

Which is why rubber knees were a must for me

-=QuinN!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with Mark, Dan and Bob on this one. I don't know where the rumor regarding the ESB armor being fg might have come from but I have never heard such and see no evidence at all of it. I do know that as Mark pointed out, vacuforming undercuts can be difficult but is not at all impossible. If you disagree, take a look at the stormtrooper helmet. Also, if you look at the screengrabs from the carbon freezing chamber, you can see a little under the edge of the collar armor and there is nothing that makes the armor appear to be anything but vacced plastic.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back