Armor Color

Retro Wars

New Hunter
Okay, I'm starting work on my Boba Fett suit next month and was wondering: How can I color this suit without it looking too... colorful? I wan this: not this:

Actually the ESB Fett is less colorful than the ROTJ. The ROTJ had maroon gauntlets, and a jet pack thats red, white, yellow, blue...etc.

The ESB had greenish gauntlets and jet pack.

Okay, I'm starting work on my Boba Fett suit next month and was wondering: How can I color this suit without it looking too... colorful? I wan this: not this:

which parts are you talking about?

i used most of the colors recommended by tk409 for my costume. everything was dulled down quite a bit by black paint.

one of the things that i really like, but is sort of tricky to get the hang of, is mixing rattlecan colors while the paint is still wet.

these were my 1st gauntlets, painted with the "claret wine" paint that 409 recommended...

normal_IMG_7464.jpg

and these are the same ones after their 1st repaint:

normal_gauntlets_001.jpg

i still used the claret wine, but mixed in black. i sprayed a coat of the wine, then misted with black, misted with wine, then black, then wine... alternating very, very thin layers. eventually the colors sort of blend together to where you can't really tell that it's not just a darker shade of red. you have to be careful not to go too heavy with it though, or you'll get drips.

Howdy there and welcome to TDH!:cheers Lookin' to go ROTJ ... that's right Git R Done!!!! ROTJ all the way.(y) Anyway, when ya say "suit," are you talkin' about the entire costume, or the soft armor. If you're lookin' to color a jumpsuit for an ROTJ Boba Fett, check this out:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=16158

If you're lookin' to paint a helmet, then I'd recommend ya check out the site GCNgamer provided (darn Andy, ya beat me to it) as well as a few threads in the "Helmet" section because there are multiple people who are painting ROTJ helmets.

I'd also suggest this site as well for puttin' a complete costume together:
http://www.tk409.com/fett.html

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back