are these snaps OK for my chest armor?

jawafive

Active Hunter
Got these at wal-mart. Was thinking of gluing them down but I'm really unsure of what to do. My FP armor is styrene. Sorry for the big pic I was in a hurry. Thanks for any advice!

snaps.JPG

-Matt

That's what I used for my armor as well. I assembled the male snaps through thin pieces of plastic, then glued them to the armor, and assemble the female snaps through the vest.

...ditto here...I actually started w/Joannes Fabric Hvy Duty Snaps but they are almost 3x more expensive...these are a tab bit smaller but do the job just fine...

Later
Lewis

what kinda glue did you use? goop? and also what kinda plastic is it like plastic from a orange jiuce jug? I tried crazy glue but it pulled right off sintra with little effort and I scored both sides pretty well.

...on my armor from RA...I used the TK-409 method of using plastic pieces w/the snaps already on and glued them to the armor(plastic)...crazy glue did not work at all...I used liquid nails and hot melt on the edges of the plastic snaps...worked like a charm...

...on my FG armor I used 2ton epoxy from Wal-Mart and same killer results...

...hope this helps...

Later
Lewis

I just cut small pieces of a welding visor and assembled the male snaps through that. I used devcon plastic welder from walmart. Work's like a charm.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back