Are my gauntlets too red?

Boba Fret

Hunter
Hey hunters! Looking for some expert opinions on Fett colors. I kitted up yesterday and got my son to snap a few pics. In some pictures, it seems like my bobamaker gauntlets are too red. Do you think so? They were painted by BM as well. If they are too red for ROTJ:SE, is there a way to dull the color down?

F2C4D092-0C8D-4C9A-B1F2-D4FBD708C1AE.jpeg

8D74D0E9-3721-47D4-A44C-861C35598F85.jpeg

Hi stleon2 ,
First off, great kit!
:cool:(y)

I have a full Boba Maker ROTJ kit too (Though I'm the "Hero" variant). I agree with RafalFett that first photo looks great. I think it is just the way the light hits the Gauntlets. I painted my gauntlets myself, and you can see that in the below photo with Vader, that my Left Gauntlet looks the same as my Right Gauntlet colorwise...
Vader and Boba.jpg

But in this pic with Fennic Shand, the overhead lighting does seem to over saturate the color quite a bit on my left gauntlet.
Boba and Fennic.jpg

But like both RafalFett & ShortFuse - I think they look great! I wouldn't be overly concerned about em'.

-Iron

Hi stleon2 ,
First off, great kit!
:cool:(y)

I have a full Boba Maker ROTJ kit too (Though I'm the "Hero" variant). I agree with RafalFett that first photo looks great. I think it is just the way the light hits the Gauntlets. I painted my gauntlets myself, and you can see that in the below photo with Vader, that my Left Gauntlet looks the same as my Right Gauntlet colorwise...
View attachment 228036

But in this pic with Fennic Shand, the overhead lighting does seem to over saturate the color quite a bit on my left gauntlet.
View attachment 228037

But like both RafalFett & ShortFuse - I think they look great! I wouldn't be overly concerned about em'.

-Iron
Beautiful kit as well! Who did your helmet?

Yours truly did that helmet job! Though admittedly I have to re do it. I goofed up on a step. Looks good at 5 feet away. But the cheeks, need to be re done. Gonna carefully remove the paint and start over again.

The only pieces I didn’t want to do were the chest armor, shoulders and knees. I felt like I didn’t posses the skills to paint. In hindsight, I now feel like I coulda done it. I’m definitely more experienced now than when I first started.

A good way to subtly get the look you want is to use fullers earth (you can get it on eBay and Amazon) and a large clothe and kind of throw some on and rub it off to leave it in the recessed areas and give a subtle look of having been in a box for 30 years gathering dust and being wiped off by crew and will darken and tint the gauntlets slightly in a realistic and subtle way. Fullers earth has been used in the prop community forever to recreate dust and weathering on soft and hard parts. It’s a light pigment powder that can be rubbed, thrown, or even mixed with liquid and painted on and then can be sealed on or just washed off.

Yeah try to take some pictures under better lighting conditions. It's probably the most frustrating thing in the universe trying to get lighting right for Fett colors.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back