are boba and jangos helmets the same

Icedevil

Active Hunter
well... boba's has a dent and a dental expander on it's cheek(and several other differences), but to an average person who doesn't know specifics about boba, it could probably be done.
 

BigJon

Active Hunter
Icedevil said:
...and a dental expander on it's cheek...

Did you mean the borden connector?

There are a number of differences, but yes, with some modification a Jango helmet can be turned into a Boba helmet without looking too bad.
 

Darthsponge

New Hunter
Icedevil said:
well... boba's has a dent and a dental expander on it's cheek(and several other differences), but to an average person who doesn't know specifics about boba, it could probably be done.

i know this will sound wierd but what is the dentel expander :facepalm
 

MandoMan

Active Hunter
It's actually a borden connector, and it's a little mole-type thing on the helmet's right cheek.

Are you thinking about turning a Rubies Jango into a Boba? I've never dealt with a Rubies, but you might be able to heat up the vinyl and press the dent into the head of the helmet. Can someone else verify that?
 

fettprop

New Hunter
The dental expander is on the gauntlet above the calc pad. The borden connector looks like a mole on the right cheek (right side if you are wearing the helmet that is!)

I bought the bullet and purchased an eBay helmet (boba mystery) and am converting it. I'll post some pictures tonight of what I've changed so far if it helps.

Robert
 

Rogue Studios

Active Hunter
The Jango is a smaller helmet and overall all of his pieces are smaller too. Morrision is a not uh very big. I heard from a person who handled a Jango original that almost 3/4" is cutoff in areas to accomodate the size difference to make Morrison look proportinate. Afterall 5' 11" or 6 feet tall clones coming from a guy who is 5' 7" just doesn't work of course George still thinks we were fooled for some reason..
 

cal196

Well-Known Hunter
Taken from a dentistry book I have at home.

Connector - There are four types of U.S. standard handpiece connectors. They include the 2-hole (also called a Borden Connector);3-hole and 4-hole. The 4-hole (also called a Midwest Connector) is the most popular connector. In a 4-hole connector, the holes are (1) drive air, (2) chip air, (3) water and (4) exhaust. Sometimed a 5-hole connector is referenced. The fifth hole represents the fiber optic bundle. Hole locations are determined by an ISO specification.

They fit onto a drill
 

fettprop

New Hunter
Here are a couple of shots I took for you. Sorry they aren't the best photos in the world! I indicated what I modified (and screwed up) as well as what is missing. I didn't get any pictures of the back for you, only because I personally don't see that much of a difference. There are some slight changes I still want to make to the sides, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

Robert

P.S. I know it looks a little narrow, but that is because of the angle I too the picture at. In person it actually looks good despite what I have to fix!


 

Darthsponge

New Hunter
thanks, this really does help. so i now know you can change boba into jango, but if you want to change boba into jango do you just do the opposite or is there more that i have to do
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nekhar

Hunter
Darthsponge said:
so i now know you can change boba into jango, but if you want to change boba into jango do you just do the opposite or is theyre more that i have to do

I haven't tried either, but I can that one problem is that it's a lot easier to fill in holes (say, the dent) in fiberglass than it is to create them. The dent is a lot more detailed than people realize, so if you want it to be accurate, and you're modding it onto a Jango helmet, just be careful.

Also, I believe there is a difference in the positions of the right ear cap (with the rangefinder). Maybe someone can vouch for me and post pictures.
 

Darthsponge

New Hunter
Nekhar said:
I haven't tried either, but I can that one problem is that it's a lot easier to fill in holes (say, the dent) in fiberglass than it is to create them. The dent is a lot more detailed than people realize, so if you want it to be accurate, and you're modding it onto a Jango helmet, just be careful.

Also, I believe there is a difference in the positions of the right ear cap (with the rangefinder). Maybe someone can vouch for me and post pictures.


okay, i will try and be carefull,

and yes, i think that the boba fett ear cap is higher/longer than the jango. i have got a picture of the two helmets together, and the bobas forehead is much larger than the jango
 
I have seen boba helmets turned into Jango helmets that turned out really well. There is a thread about turning a rubies Jango helmet into an ESB boba that actually came out pretty good. Of all the rubies there Jango bucket has the closest shape of all the cheepos.
 
Top