Any suggestions from layered painters out there?!

Koze514

Hunter
So,I have been painting a boba this past month,it's my first resin bucket paint job and I am following all you amazing painters out there for all your tips and tricks.I have been using an airbrush and humbrol paints along with some crappy rubber latex masking ( no Humbrol here in Canada for the moment) that I have been working and getting the hang of,but its not easy to work with and does not lay down or come off easy. Picked up a $100 airbrush kit from Canadian tire and it's been doing the job until I cleaned the gun.I put it back together and it hasn't been the same because the 2 colours (Grey,and Green for the dome and cheeks part) became super chalky and powed like and really patchy to my liking,causing the grey paint to not stick to the silver when I pulled the green off.Has anyone ever encountered this issue? With all the variables it's hard for me to tell exactly what the issue is since this is my first.I might sand it back and start the dome and cheeks again...ugh.

Thoughts anyone?
Thanks for reading!

-Rob

IMG_5872.JPGIMG_5873.JPGIMG_5874.JPGIMG_5875.JPG

I had some similar issues on an earlier paint-up. What Raizo said is on the money. Also closely inspect your airbrush needle & tip. My tip got bumped a little and just would spray right, so I replaced it and everything was great after that.

Another thing you could check is your air pressure. I've had mine too high, and also had paint texture problems.

Can you just get on Amazon or Ebay and order some good masking fluid. Surely they deliver to Canada even if it isn't in stores.

Thanks guys! Also,might be cause from ''tip dry'' What did you do when you had this issue.Did you sand everything back and start over?

- - - Updated - - -

Not at this price lol https://www.amazon.ca/Humbrol-Maskol-Vernis-Base-caoutchouc/dp/B0043FGKA2

I have looked around.I wont over pay for a $6 dollar bottle.

I just found it on eBay.ca for $11.57 Canadian shipping incl. from the US. This would be about $6 or less for the bottle less the actual shipping costs from US to Canada.

Trust me. If you are frustrated with the masking fluid you are using it is well worth the few extra bucks. I used a masking fluid that I hated for years (and its a major brand) thinking that I had to deal with it. The Humbrol is so much better! I have used it recently on projects I sidelined for years because I didn't want to go through the hassle and this makes it way easier.

I just found it on eBay.ca for $11.57 Canadian shipping incl. from the US. This would be about $6 or less for the bottle less the actual shipping costs from US to Canada.

Trust me. If you are frustrated with the masking fluid you are using it is well worth the few extra bucks. I used a masking fluid that I hated for years (and its a major brand) thinking that I had to deal with it. The Humbrol is so much better! I have used it recently on projects I sidelined for years because I didn't want to go through the hassle and this makes it way easier.

Hey Drokkul!

Thanks for the info,do you happen to have the link?

Cheers,
Rob

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back