Another cardboard boba bucket

Well I decided it was time to paint an weather the wee beatie up a bit.

Not really used to weathering on a svale like this but you never know until you try. Decided to go with masking fluid. Also seeing as this si going on display at the national space centre in May along with my ROTJ blaster by Sidewinder forge I went with the less complicated ROTJ paint scheme.

DSC00739.jpg

then once it had dried a good time I gently rubbed the masking fluid off

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

Not a bad start on it. Once I've finished i'll carck the air brush out and give it a mist of black ink to grime it up and make the metal less shiney.

All done and dusted....Ear caps are finished too and drying. Rangefinder has been installed too with a a clear acrylic sight that's been lightly sanded to give it a frosted look. the little borden connector is sitting on my desk drying awaiting final placement on the helm. Not bad for a first try.

DSC00769.jpg

Next once it's been on display in May is sand the paint off and mold it up and start again:lol:

Cheers mate, it's all your fault anyway ;) if someone hadn't pointed me to your instructable I wouldn't have tried, so thanks for the excellent tutorial and thanks to Alain Sinclair for the awesome work on making the templates. :D

Cheers, nice to know that I've not done too bad a job on it as it's taken so blooming long to do it:)

Not too sure who Handparty is but it's not me. I've had my handle for a good few years, and longer before that pre internet. I only have two sigs too, ones for my 501st membership and the other I use if or my own production company and one I'm associated with. You should be able to see all the pics as the links on my photobucket account are all good.....anyways thanks for the comments guys it's appreciated.

Sheesh! You all amaze me. When I first saw the name of this thread, I clicked it thinking it was a joke. But the further I scrolled down through that great documentary of pix, I was made a believer! This is absolutely incredible. You'd never know that was made of cardboard. You're very, very talented.

Thanks guys but you can blame Mr Sinclair for this as his templates were just too damn good to pass up on using...If this encourages anyone to have a go then it's done it's job

DSC00835.jpg

Here's a pic of the completed bucket on display at the UK's National Space Centre in May, the lid was actually described by one of the lads on the stand with me as "the original one from the film...and no you can't wear it"

It's not turned out too badly has it...It's been molded too now...But I've been too busy editing video and making predator related gear that I've not had time to cast one up.

All I need now is the gauntlet templates and I'll be set for a full cossie:lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back