Aluminum Jango Armor....

postmortem01

Active Hunter
Has anyone successfully completed some Jango Armor in aluminum? Here's what I've got so far after a long day of work and 3 cod pieces later. I put the parts from my Boba armor in to fill the gaps. I will have to redo the chest parts because I didn't realize that the Jango chest armor is different. Doh!

Now, obviously, these have not been finished with a grain or anything. That will come later.

The inside of the cod piece. She aint pretty but she'll do.

Here is the side view of the cod piece. I think it could've used a bit more "cupping" action but it will do for now.

postmortem01

Active Hunter
LOL. I finished my Boba although there are a ton of improvements to be made. There are a couple Bobas here in the SOcal area so I want a back up costume.

Tambo Fett

Active Hunter
Nice work! All of my armor except the Gauntlets and Pack are Metal. I did all the Armor myself. I'm very impressed with the cod armor you did. Now your going to make me re-do mine.....very nice.

Clone 8675309

New Hunter
Thats some pretty nice stuff. I made some out of 1/4th inch thick aluminum but it was a little heavy. I use all the stuff I've made for paintball.

askywalker98

Well-Known Hunter
Clone #8675309 said:
Thats some pretty nice stuff. I made some out of 1/4th inch thick aluminum but it was a little heavy. I use all the stuff I've made for paintball.
Paintball? Now these would be some pictured I would LOVE to see! BTW welcome to TDH!

postmortem01

Active Hunter
Here is a better picture of the armor so far. The knees and instep armor are in the works. The gauntlets will be plastic....for now. I am getting a BKBT helmet that will be nickel plated and then painted.

postmortem01

Active Hunter
I think I made the back plate like the Boba plate instead of Jango. OOps. Too late for now. I'm outta time. I still have to sand, polish and grain the armor.

cal196

Well-Known Hunter
No the backplate looks like Jango to me Boba's is shaped different and has the raised neck in the back

and that is awesome...!!

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
:D wwhooooowww that is so cool!!! but uhw... won't you get VERY tired wearin all this "heavy metal!!!" :p