Almost done helmet.

Keegan

Active Hunter
Hey there just thought I'd share. I've almost finished the paint job on this DP 96 and then I need to do the rangefinder stuff. It has a very good shape for what it is. I made so many mistakes on this so it isnt quite right, but it serves to look kickass for my college friends. Thats what a first helmet is anyway, a learning experiance!
Feel free to send help and hurt my way; it only will serve to make this project better.
Keegan

HPIM1741.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Man! That looks really good. My first attempt at a Boba helmet (years ago) was a repaint on a DP.
Didn't look nearly that good.

(y)

Keegan

Active Hunter
Sorry I'm new at this picture thing. It looks much better when proper sized.:facepalm

TDH.jpg

TDH1.jpg

TDH2.jpg

TDH3.jpg

TDH4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Keegan

Active Hunter
Thanks guys. No I did not use templates. Not in the normal way anyway. I basically printed some for the mandibles but was not satisfied so I kinda roughly used them for the spacing of the colors. The rest I did by painting it while looking at the reference photos. Thanks again to Braks Buddy!

HPIM1741.JPG

Keegan

Active Hunter
Well I will try to put up some detailed pics soon. Now I have stuff to do this week so I will finished this thing and then put up some better pics. Although then you guys will be able to see how awfully it is up close:facepalm

And the green stuff is a strange blue liquid I picked up a my local model store. I can only say its some type of masking fluid similar to what you peeled off in Boston Brian. I dont have the bottle now, but I think its just a water based gel for "Masking small areas" as it says. It worked pretty well.

I will make a new Thread next week hopefully and it will be more in depth.

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
kbrosseau said:
And the green stuff is a strange blue liquid I picked up a my local model store. I can only say its some type of masking fluid similar to what you peeled off in Boston Brian. I dont have the bottle now, but I think its just a water based gel for "Masking small areas" as it says. It worked pretty well.

neat! the color would make things much easier to see as you're going. mine has a slight yellow tint, but it's very slight. better than the clear, but not great.