Advice wanted for Altmanns Boba Fett helmet rework

MrSchoermer80

New Hunter
I got an Altmanns Boba Fett years ago here in Australia(these are not my pics, just online pics as my helmet is in storage, currently trying to find it!!!!)
Im about to get one of the GMH helmets from Skyfire so Im looking to rework the Altmann one completely - Ive done enough fabrication and prop work to know the workload. Its obviously got some issues...proportion, details, weathering, paint, the flare...The ear-cap stalk are way too heavy too as the helmet is really thin ABS(?)

Just thought Id see what you all think - which shape/version its closest to? A realistic direction to go in?
Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks everybody!

Alt_Boba_ChrisP1.jpgAlt_Boba_ChrisP2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The mandibles are too wide and the horizontal T portion of the visor is too high...dent is undefined...to name a few things. It would be tough to fix all of these things without creating other issues though. You could re-sculpt the dent, add about 2mm height to the left horizontal mandible fix the improvised damage and scratches, give it a new paint job and call it day.

I think the Altmanns should be left as it is. In my opinion it is more interesting as a, fairly rare, limited collectible. Looking at it I am not sure how much is to be gained from altering it especially if you will soon have a GMH to work with.

The mandibles are too wide and the horizontal T portion of the visor is too high...dent is undefined...to name a few things. It would be tough to fix all of these things without creating other issues though. You could re-sculpt the dent, add about 2mm height to the left horizontal mandible fix the improvised damage and scratches, give it a new paint job and call it day.
Yeah I hear what youre saying.It could definitely create more problems right. Youre advice is duly noted my friend!

I think as it sits it is more valuable as a piece of history than it would be to redo it.

I would leave it as is.
Hmmm you bring valid points. I really just thought it would be a cool project as its been sitting there for 20 years. But the history part of it is def true

I think the Altmanns should be left as it is. In my opinion it is more interesting as a, fairly rare, limited collectible. Looking at it I am not sure how much is to be gained from altering it especially if you will soon have a GMH to work with.
Im really starting to second guess the altering as @Mullreel and @rnbuda have reminded me of its status as a collectable. Thanks for the advice guys! Just really want some more versions of the bucket, but I can always just get some more kits obviously...

I have several helmets. There is no problem with having multiples. I would leave the Altmanns as is and enjoy new helmets to achieve a more screen used display piece.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back