Accurate Fett ears- Finally

awe man, you forced me to bring out the calipers...

The SgtFang and the MS1 I have sitting here are identical in every measurement I take -- even the crazy ones. The aspects of asymmetric warp-age are also identical. I have always assumed this to be the case, but the numbers just don't lie.

...still, once you shave the RF ear cap off, the upper RF ear base on the helmet is too narrow, so that will take a bit of bondo/build-up to make it wider for the inner ear cap.

I had never heard the MS was a build on a DP95. It looks every bit of the same lineage.

I have a MH from Sgtfang... does that mean i will have to remove the Rf ear then fill it with putty/bondo, sand smooth then attach this set?

has anyone done this yet, with pics?

I have a MH from Sgtfang... does that mean i will have to remove the Rf ear then fill it with putty/bondo, sand smooth then attach this set?

has anyone done this yet, with pics?

I think Niknak is planning on doing that. He mentioned it in his progress thread. I'm interested in seeing that, too.

awe man, you forced me to bring out the calipers...

The SgtFang and the MS1 I have sitting here are identical in every measurement I take -- even the crazy ones. The aspects of asymmetric warp-age are also identical. I have always assumed this to be the case, but the numbers just don't lie.

...still, once you shave the RF ear cap off, the upper RF ear base on the helmet is too narrow, so that will take a bit of bondo/build-up to make it wider for the inner ear cap.

I had never heard the MS was a build on a DP95. It looks every bit of the same lineage.

I was told by Braks Buddy that it was indeed a sculpt on a DP95 yet the one detail besides the measurments that made me think it was a reworking of a SgnFang was the forhead arrows.... Identiclay wonky! But only Jordy knows for sure. :)

Either way I feel the ears fit the MS and SgFang helmets the best with the least modifications.

I have a MLC, now it has the same thing where the RF inner piece is part of it. Now, the other day...I decided to try and put magnets in it so I could remove the cap...let's just say the drilling almost massivly messed it up, chipped a visible spot off, where I glued it as best as I could into place, I guess what I am asking is, that judging by what I have read, it takes a lil shaving work to get it prepped for these caps?

At work right now, I will have to post it this evening. Plus I think I need to repaint it, had a color mismatch back when I first was painting it and tried to merely go over it with no luck.

Edit:took the pics just need to upload them when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are just getting our acronyms mixed up.

The Sarge Fang and Marrow Sun (MS1) are for all intents and purposes the same helmet.

The MSH1, Natty's helmet, is a custom sculpt built off a DP 95.

I believe SingleSeat has a MarrowSun/Mystery helmet (MS1).

I think we are just getting our acronyms mixed up.

The Sarge Fang and Marrow Sun (MS1) are for all intents and purposes the same helmet.

The MSH1, Natty's helmet, is a custom sculpt built off a DP 95.

I believe SingleSeat has a MarrowSun/Mystery helmet (MS1).

Mr. Durden is right. I was just trying to say that I own both a SgtFang and an MS1. No mater which way you look at it (or measure it), they're the same helmet.

Ok, here are the pics, this is the full RF ear
da0f.jpg

This is a closer pic of the swivel part

2dd4.jpg

And this is a close up of the spot I messed up in the process of drilling

5219.jpg

Get this we checked tracking on one package. rest assured if this was you we have already boxed a new set off to you.

P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS;ALL MERCHANDISE DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

How do you destroy completely a little box.

Why do I get the feeling this was mine hehe.

Hey Lee I think maybe a few of us were under the impression that our ears had shipped already.. Is this not the case? Let us know whats going on. We are all patient people so we wont mind waiting.

Heh wouldn't you know it 20 min after my last post I get an email with a tracking number for a package from Lee. Hehe well I guess that answers that question.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back