1st Project

DeadFleet

New Hunter
Hey guys, I'm new to TDH, just signed up last night and I'm SO glad I can post now, you have no idea how much I hate that 24 hour spam repellent! :lol:

Anywho, this is going to be my first Mandalorian armor project and this is where I will update my progress and whatnot. I am making my own Mandalorian warrior that is not in the Star Wars universe, but just made by me.

No concept art yet ( ) but don't worry, it will be coming soon.

Helmet:

Black and Grey helmet, picture will be coming soon.

The Armor:

Silver/Dark grey - Shoulder pads, 2 peices of back armor, two chest plates, diamond between them, lower torso armor, thigh armor, knee armor, armor on the boots closer to the toe, and shin armor. I might add more later depending on if I see a look I like better.

Jumpsuit:

Black - Not much else to say.

Soft Parts:

2 Ammo Belts - One as a waist belt, and another across the left shoulder.
Gloves - Black leather gloves.
Boots/Shoes - I will be using my old converse all-stars as my boots but just painting the whit parts black to match the rest of the shoes and replacing the laces with _______ laces. (suggestions?)

Weapon(s):

DC-15s - Two modified DC-15s's. [ Click for Picture ]

Jet Pack:

Merr-Sonn JT-12 - Modified and painted to match my armor and jumpsuit.

And that's about it. If I have the time later tonight I will post some concept art with both the armor and the modified DC-15s's. So if you could help me by giving me ideas for supplies, suggestions on how to do something, etc. please let me know.

And yes, you can post just to say "Hi," ;)

"Boots/Shoes - I will be using my old converse all-stars as my boots but just painting the whit parts black to match the rest of the shoes and replacing the laces with _______ laces. (suggestions?)"

lol.

Everything sounds good! Should really turn out nice, and please post your progress! The only thing I would suggest against is using sneakers (even converse) as boots. You can get a pair of old boots pretty cheap, and it's going to be hard to hide those converse laces. Hot an army surplus store and get a pair of used combat boots =D

Thanks for the advice NovallTalon ^^

Holy cow! Darth Valcar posted in MY thread? O:

(y)(y)(y)

EDIT: That did say holy krap but that's not allowed?

Sounds like you pretty much have it planned out.
I have to agree on the sneaker thing too.

Hope to see some sketches and or progress pics soon.

Sorry. I forgot... Welcome to TDH. :)

Deadfleet,

I`ll second what Novall said, get a pair of boots to wear. Gym shoes will take away from the overall effect of the costume. I`ve seen some stellar boots at my local surplus store. Then you can put armor over them like the Jango boots to hide some of the features.

Good luck.

JK3

[DeadFlee†];263780 said:
"Boots/Shoes - I will be using my old converse all-stars as my boots but just painting the whit parts black to match the rest of the shoes and replacing the laces with _______ laces. (suggestions?)"

lol.
I suggest putting some ankle spats, as seen on Fett in Pre-Pro (Eyes Fett) and ROTJ, and SE ROTJ, that would look better.

Okay so I picked up a couple of toy guns that I will use as my bases for my dual DC-15s's.

100_0001.jpg

Anyone have any ideas for making it into DC-15s's? I need to make the top bigger etc. ( There's a picture of a DC-15s in the first post ).

I don't think those will work. I have one of those and it's way to small. Think of something in size inbetween a Desert Eagle and a Beretta, give or take.

There are a couple guys over at CT.N who have made runs of these, and they are absolutly fantastic props! One has been molded to have electronics installed (lights, ect) and a solid one, though it's been proven that you can modify the solid one to hold electronics and it still holds together right and true. Search for "torso_boy" and "p_trax" here:
http://clonetroopers.net/
Just remember no want to buy threads, they are touchy about thingsl ike that. You can PM them about one though. They usually run about $100, but it's well worth it. I wish I had one of those babies, then I could really freak out the highway cops :lol: (j/k vode, the cops are my friends8))

I don't think those will work. I have one of those and it's way to small. Think of something in size inbetween a Desert Eagle and a Beretta, give or take.

There are a couple guys over at CT.N who have made runs of these, and they are absolutly fantastic props! One has been molded to have electronics installed (lights, ect) and a solid one, though it's been proven that you can modify the solid one to hold electronics and it still holds together right and true. Search for "torso_boy" and "p_trax" here:
http://clonetroopers.net/
Just remember no want to buy threads, they are touchy about thingsl ike that. You can PM them about one though. They usually run about $100, but it's well worth it. I wish I had one of those babies, then I could really freak out the highway cops :lol: (j/k vode, the cops are my friends8))
I agree with that.

Well thank you but I'm not able to buy anything through mail or online. Especially not spending $200. I have a way to make them I just need a way to make the details and such. Also, I need a way to hold it together as if it was made that way. These bases are about 2-3 Oz and I'm making them as close to - but not over - 15oz. I'm thinking a few sintra boxes will be good.

You could still make some great blasters out of those guns dude, little sintra, bondo.... and black primer them.... they could turn out great...

Sorry for the leave of absence! I'm back now and am scrapping the Dual DC-15's, now I will do my own custom rifle using a nerf gun, flashlight, laser pointer, and another gun I saw at the store today.

YAY ME!

:D:lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back