12 pound fiberglass jet pack...

TK1776

Active Hunter
12 pound fiberglass jetpack...

Hey Fetts,

Does anyone here have a fiberglass jet pack? I got one from my friend Anton at Star Fortress and the thig is 12 lbs!!! I have a harness for it, but it's so heavy that my harness just doesn't seem to hold it up well enough. Since my backplate is bolted to my collar armor, the weight of the jet pack is actually raising the collar armor into my throat. Not good! My friend made extention straps that leads to a belt to try to support some of the weight, but it's not going to hold it forever. I don't think I would dare march in a parade wearing it, for fear that I'd actually choke myself out.

Any suggestions?

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

John, you may wanna try heating and bending the collar a bit so contour is less severe and farther from your throat. The JP's weight should be on the 2 straps coming through the JP.

Last edited by a moderator:
The weight is on the two straps, but since they are coming out of the two holes in the back of the backplate, gravity is just pulling the backplate down with the jet pack and raising the front armor just enough to get me in the neck with the collar armor. :eek: I'm sure I'll figure something out.

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

Try a strap around you mid-section sewn to your harness. Maybe this can alleviate some of the pressure on your neck.

My jet pack harness has quite a thick strap that runs across my mid-section. I ended up building two leather, buckled straps that run off the front of the mid-section strap to a belt that I will be wearing under my horse girth + ammo belts. I have an event coming up the 11th, 12th + 13th of June where I will be wearing this costume for the first time. I will let you all know how it turns out. :D

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

I got to troop in mine for the first time this weekend. I'm really not sure how much mine weighs, but after 3-4 hours I had to go parade style for awhile! SHeesh! I think the biggest problem is that you really can't cross your arms well enough to relieve any of the pressure from the harness.

I've got some ideas I'm going to have to try.

Hey, how about wearing an "invisible" jet pack? :D That may be more cofortable? LOL! This weekend will be my first event as Fett. I think the 12 lb. jet pack is going to do me in! I'll let you know how bad it is after the event.

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back