Very First Scratch Build (pep build)

TauntaunTickler

New Hunter
Hey ladies and gentlemen,

This would be my first time posting on these forums after several months of surfing around.

The past few years, I've seen more and more builds on Boba Fett helmets and armours and finally decided to take a shot at making a helmet. I've had zero experience in cosplay and crafting anything of this nature and looking for some feedback and tips from you fine experienced people.

I decided to take the pepakura route to start my helmet because it seemed easiest to me, but now that I've gotten into it and see other people's builds I'm not sure if it was the best way to go. I used fierfek's pep files to start my helmet, and have put some steady work into it so far.

Anyways, I seem to think so far that my biggest issues would be my ears on the helmet. I'll post the pictures up to where I currently am in the process, any tips or encouragement are greatly appreciated as I am extremely new to this.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Sorry, at work and trying to figure out how to upload pictures from my phone, keep an eye out, they should be coming in the near future.

Sorry for the wait bounty hunters, worked all night, and having some issues uploading pics.
Hope this works.
20150510_200419.jpg

20150518_005649.jpg

20150514_162126.jpg
IMG_20150514_184936nopm.jpg

20150625_191813.jpg
20150625_191823.jpg

20150625_191834.jpg
20150625_191848.jpg
20150625_191907.jpg

Sorry for the complete noobness to this post, I'm not sure why they uploaded sideways but hopefully you can still see them fine.

Over all shape looking good! I used firefeks file to build a stormtrooper helmet, it's not easy especially for a first timer. You are doing a nice job. I decided to go with rafalfetts cardboard templates on my bobafett helm, (my second build ever). I think it is a little bit easier and am happy with the overall result. Good luck on yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Beetle,

I found with his pep files, that the ear pieces are a bit off or maybe I messed it up when building, but gonna fix that with some other files I'm hoping.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back