Trooping with Rebels?

cojake

Hunter
While I have been costuming for 5 years, I am a kind of a noob in the 501st. Do you guys and gals that dress up as villians troop with the good guys? I belong to the Cloud City Garrison and we usually troop side by side with our Rebel counterparts from Kashyyk Base. I think this is cool and the fans love seeing both groups together, however I have heard from some people that we are not the norm. :confused Is there really some rivalry between the different groups? Just curious to how some of the other groups operate.

Thats how we do it. As far as I know we usually invite the Rebels along unless it's specifically a 501st only event. There are a lot of people around who are members of both groups and a few Rebel Legion guys frequent our garrison forums.

Thats how we do it. As far as I know we usually invite the Rebels along unless it's specifically a 501st only event. There are a lot of people around who are members of both groups and a few Rebel Legion guys frequent our garrison forums.

That's exactly the way we do it in the Badlands Garrison! Makes for more colour. :D

I can't speak for our rebel counterparts up here in the north but from my observations it seems that since the imperial presence is so big up there they usually find them selves cornered... and when it comes to the general public, most want to have their picture taken with the 501st rather than the Rebel legion.. so once again they find themselves at a disadvantage. But i feel that we are doing our best to try and bring them into the fold and invite them to any larger event where Imperial Only is not requested.

It seems over the years that the animosity has diminished. In New England we troop together more often than not. We maintain separate calendars / schedules, but most events end up being "Joint Ops".

Case in point, a parade we did yesterday:

4251_1153178986245_1130764400_482281_3740416_n.jpg

Here in Indiana (Bloodfin), we troop along side our Rebel scum, er friends, all the time. It's great!!

In fact, a bunch of us here are working on our very own Rebel costumes.

I belong to Garrison Excelsior, which comprises Buffalo to Albany, and anything North of that. Many members are in both groups, so we frequently troop together, and it's a plus, for sure.

I'm also in a local group (Albany/Saratoga), The Adirondack Outpost, which is a group ( a small one at that !) of Star Wars fans who just share a general interest in the SW Universe. We are made up of 501st, rebel Legion, R2 Builders, and general costume fans and artists.

Everybody contributes to an event, whether in costume, droid wrangling, costume help, photos, or creating artworks. It adds to the publics experience with us.

It does seem like the bad guys get a bit more attention, unless R2 is there... he's a photo hog !! : )

nice plethora of SW characters in that pic Stormtrooperguy... yeah we Ohioans are the same way... we have two different calendars but I work heavily with the 501st events coordinator to include us Rebel scum (of course I have been trooper as Jango lately ;) lol)

It should be alright unless the people hosting the event request only Imperial characters. I did a troop with CCG at the UFO Fest, and there were a couple Rebels there along with us. I didn't even really think about it until later, though. I thought that it just seemed natural that all the Star Wars characters were together in an event like that.

-Naas

It should be alright unless the people hosting the event request only Imperial characters. I did a troop with CCG at the UFO Fest, and there were a couple Rebels there along with us. I didn't even really think about it until later, though. I thought that it just seemed natural that all the Star Wars characters were together in an event like that.

-Naas
It seems natural to me as well. I just heard from some others that there is animosity from other groups. I am happy to hear that this is not the case anymore. We all share the love of Star Wars, so it only seems logical to play nice together. (y)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back