My Dealing with minutefett

intothevoid

Hunter
I made a purchase via ETSY and also contacted him here on the boards
he told me right up front after my purchase that meeting the etsy shipping deadline date may not happen
as he was playing catch up from other orders and fixing old orders from the last person who had the molds

He gave me the choice for a full refund or go ahead with the order
i went ahead with the order and yes it did run late on shipping as stated but as a thank you for my understanding
i was sent free parts to finish off my armor order

I did check in a few times while waiting and it did take a few days to get back to me
but that being said i was warned up front about time and was even told about a small extra delay while waiting on more material to arrive
and with what was going on at the time with states being shut down ( aka covid ) this was totally understandable

So in the end i am happy (and received what i ordered and more) the work was well done and the armor looks great just finished cleaning and trimming it up and put on a prime coat

oceanrealms

When I saw the thread title I said to myself 'another unhappy customer of MF', but I'm glad this is not the case. While not normal, delays happen often (this is a global thing) and in rare cases there's no communication and the customer is left without money and parts/pieces ordered, but usually things are resolved sooner or later. I already said this, but I hope Luis is able to organise better the customer side of his business, while keeping an eye on producing quality stuff.

Good to hear mate , unfortunately the mob had him banned so he is no longer a member on this forum.
Oh I didnt know that... He's all-out banned? I was on the assumption that he is banned from selling, but is voluntarily refraining from posting due to that. Well...
It certainly is a difficult topic.

Banned because he scanned/moulded some licensed items from eFX/Sideshow. Companies that still are in business. Make your own opinion...

Didnt know that... must have missed. Thanks for telling me.

As far as forming an own opinion... difficult. Havent been long enough here to feel fit to form one that I would feel confident in supporting. First impression is that it feels like the wrong thing to do.
Second thought is that e.g. Master replicas did go bust, jup, but those rights were bought by someone, too. Then Lucasfilm with the original helmet, too is still in business. Sure theirs isnt prop making, but you get my point. Then theres that "above" or "under" the table thing. Which, to me, morally doesnt make a difference.

All too difficult for me to "have" an oppinion or to blame someone. Im glad I know the facts now though. Some at least.

Facts are that a lot of people moulded and casted the MR even when they were still on business and none was banned because of that. But I'm not playing this game again. Just throwing some facts. I do not think anyone here would be banned for moulding and casting a Rubies helmet.

Minutefett was banned for a multitude of reasons some of which was persistent lying to customers and TDH staff but yes the final nail in the coffin was recasting and scanning the EFX Mandalorian helmet. It had also been confirmed that he had recast the Hasbro Kylo Ren.

By the way, if the mob conspiracy was true wouldn’t he have been banned a long time ago without any of the several instances he had to correct his behavior and actions?

The Death Watch helmets are also a recast of the Sideshow bust, aren't they?
Yeah but the helmets from the show are casts of the sideshow bust so I don't really see how that's a problem? If there is a moral quandry with that I'd genuinely like to hear your opinion on it.

The company who made the SS bust designed it and used the same model to make the helmets for the deathwatch in season one, and it was reused for Axe Woves in the latest episode.... They didnt recast anything. They made the design, they made casts to use on the show. People who've bought the SS bust filled the dent and made casts available may be considered recasting depending who you ask. Some would say that by modifying the helmet you arent recasting exactly....but thats a grey area for sure.

The company who made the SS bust designed it and used the same model to make the helmets for the deathwatch in season one, and it was reused for Axe Woves in the latest episode.... They didnt recast anything. They made the design, they made casts to use on the show. People who've bought the SS bust filled the dent and made casts available may be considered recasting depending who you ask. Some would say that by modifying the helmet you arent recasting exactly....but thats a grey area for sure.
thanks for the insight!

It's not a grey area at all .....

This Wasted fett death watch helmet ....
Screenshot_20200910-092513~3.png

Is a recast of this
The sideshow collectibles ROTJ bust

Screenshot_20200910-091631~2.png

Sticking a piece of clay in a dent doesn't make it a grey area. It's a recast of an officially licensed still in production product.

Last edited:
It's not a grey area at all .....

This Wasted fett death watch helmet ....View attachment 202164

Is a recast of this
The sideshow collectibles ROTJ bust

View attachment 202165
Sticking a piece of clay in a dent doesn't make it a grey area. It's a recast of an officially licensed still in production product.
yeah but we're striving for accuracy right? That's the exact thing from the show so I see no problem in using it.

Just to be clear. IMO moulding licensed props like the eFX mando or the SS bust should be allowed, but the law here is diferent.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back