My Dealing with minutefett

Imagine knowing so much about nothing and continuing to type so much. MF isn’t a liar and recasted because I said so he’s a liar and a recasted because it’s been confirmed multiple times by multiple sources here and on various forums not associated with The Dented Helmet. That was confirmed by Scott shortly ago.

The accusations you’ve made along with some individuals in this thread who aren’t “defending” MF’s actions have already been made via PMs, DMs, etc. It’s almost like proof is provided when accusations are made and people are left to spin in their own wheels. WF doesn’t need to answer you because he’s already done it to people who matter.

This thread seems like a pretty slippery slope here but I will just chime in with my 2 cents.

Honestly in my opinion, recasting any item (even with slight modifications) that was designed and is being sold by someone else - regardless of that format - should not be an acceptable practice. Changing one small portion of a prop and selling it as your own is just crazy to me. For example the previously mentioned WastedFett deathwatch helmet being a recast of a Boba Fett bust with the dent filled in (if that is truly the case as it is the first I have heard of it) should be a no go as the original item was bought as an already licensed product which is also being produced.

If someone were to take the dimensions of the already existing helmet and carve it entirely out of clay first, design it on some sort of 3D software, or scratch build it from the ground up and then mold and cast that - totally acceptable. However, altering 1 small thing and claiming it as your own would be like copying the entire Harry Potter series and only change the main characters name - someone else did the majority of the work that you are claiming is yours but because you the main character's name was changed it is now yours to make money off of? I can't get behind that.

Or for another example, I sell casts of a vibro dagger that I personally designed and created the master of. The vibro dagger has an opening in the blade - if someone were to fill that opening, cast it, and then started selling it as their own, you bet I would be causing a ruckus for sure. However, these large companies that produce some of this stuff probably aren't on these forums, so there would be no way to know someone re-casted their product or altered slightly and re-casted and is selling it. That would 100% be a winnable lawsuit by the company if they could prove an actual recast of their product - regardless of a slight modification.

Obviously there are some exceptions to that rule, as it is my understanding that some of the helmet vendors here have been given or gotten permission to use and sell casts of the original helmets from the movies or there are other "found" items that are no longer in production that other members have made casts of and sold. The first being acceptable as there was specific permission given and the second being out of production items which limited availability and also weren't initially specifically designed for the purpose of Boba Fett costuming.

Last edited:
WF does not sell said helmet here regardless. Just like MF wasnt selling the hero casts he offers here and was allowed to stay. The dude was given tons of chances, advice and ignored it all and is banned from several forums for his actions.

If you dont like the way to forum is, leave. No ones forcing you to be here.

WF does not sell said helmet here regardless. Just like MF wasnt selling the hero casts he offers here and was allowed to stay. The dude was given tons of chances, advice and ignored it all and is banned from several forums for his actions.

If you dont like the way to forum is, leave. No ones forcing you to be here.

That's not exactly the way to keep people around to keep that forums alive lol but I understand what you mean. If WF isn't selling any re-casts of it, then I would say that would be fine, as I'm assuming it's for personal use only. I have done the same thing with parts for model kits that I don't want to buy multiples of just for very specific parts, so I molded and casted those at my own expense - though potential a grey middle ground probably from a legal standpoint but I am by no means a lawyer lol

That's not exactly the way to keep people around to keep that forums alive lol but I understand what you mean. If WF isn't selling any re-casts of it, then I would say that would be fine, as I'm assuming it's for personal use only. I have done the same thing with parts for model kits that I don't want to buy multiples of just for very specific parts, so I molded and casted those at my own expense - though potential a grey middle ground probably from a legal standpoint but I am by no means a lawyer lol
It wasn’t directed at you. If you think it was ok. But all the bickering is stupid. The admin banned the dude. It’s over. Have an issue with it, take it up with them. If you have proof that the individual didn’t have themself to get them unbanned maybe that will help their case.

and to be clear. I do not represent TDH. Just myself.

Last edited:
What's wild to me, and this is just an observation while reading through this today... It's 2020 and folks are still (subjectively) losing it over unlicensed redistributions of legacy origin items on a forum that is supposed to be an overall resource for building high quality Fetts. This (my opinion) asinine sourcing and tracking seems completely redactive as a functioning (or un-functioning) plastic space man armor community that hopes to attract new members and talent.

Back in the day legacy was king because a lot of guys were still hand jamming clay bucks together and lets be honest, plenty of builds weren't up to a replica standard without the legacy pieces. Today we have technology that could possibly produce spot on replicas w/o reliance on whoever currently holds the holy grail molds, yet... It seems to me like the experts that have stuck around or contemporarily emerged here are continuing to spend more energy grasping onto monopolizing the last shreds of proxy legacy items vs. really embracing new tech and methods for building resources for the community into the next decade. Imagine if the same energy went into people's soft parts for their kits, oh man I'd be happy to see people put more effort into THAT front.

Just a curious thought, spurred from honestly taking a break from this Fett stuff in general for a while, not trying to dunk on anyone's back and forth here or the love for legacy items (IMO legacy linage doesn't 1:1 a good looking result if you fubar something else, lol). MF obviously dropped the ball on a lot of other fronts here as a trusted vendor, but the convo has def expanded from the OG topic.

Last edited:
The last and only thing that I will say on this topic concerning MinuteFett is that in my experience he has been nothing but straightforward to me and has helped me with any questions I’ve had and all the products I have received from him have been top notch! I have grown to love this forum and have got to talk with a lot of great people and have gotten some great advice but there is definitely a lot of division on this forum between users and to me that makes me sad I’ve grown up with Star Wars and it has always had a major role in my life and it would be great to just get along. People make mistakes it’s human error and I don’t know all the ends and outs of exactly what MinuteFett did but like I said he has been amazing to work with on my part and I will continue to work with him and he has been more responsive than other vendors I have dealt with. I hope this isn’t out of line but that’s how I feel hopefully we can all just get along and enjoy this wonderful fandom together!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back